Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night's out.

• 21-05-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

What do you wear for nights out in the club or the pub? Applies to both guys and gals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Million_Dead

Usually a black/beige cargo pants with black shirt for most nights. Summer, I tend to wear a black bandana, black sleeveless vest and black cargos. I like the whole urban vibe of that outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Not a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Usually a black/beige cargo pants with black shirt for most nights. Summer, I tend to wear a black bandana, black sleeveless vest and black cargos. I like the whole urban vibe of that outfit.
    hahahaha

What??????! Its better than going out naked and smeared over in liquidised bananas isn;t it?

What??????! Its better than going out naked and smeared over in liquidised bananas isn;t it?
    Don't tell people how I live! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It really isn't

Okay then sangre, what do you go out in? Pink silk pyjamas no doubt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Come on guys. Let's not turn this into another version of "latest fashion trends(for guys)" type thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Shirt and pants usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

T-Shirt/Short Sleeved Shirt and Jeans/Corded Jeans/ and my good ole reliable tan coloured Doc Martin Boots. If they don't like it - they still have to look at me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Mutz wrote:
    T-Shirt/Short Sleeved Shirt and Jeans/Corded Jeans/ and my good ole reliable tan coloured Doc Martin Boots. If they don't like it - they still have to look at me :)
    Do the Docs' not cut the heals off you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Only Human wrote:
    Do the Docs' not cut the heals off you?

They're not the traditional black hard boots. They're really soft kinda suede leather. Extremely bouncy and comfy. Have had them 2 years now - absolutely filthy but they're part of my character now so I'm finding it hard to find something that would suit me. :) Anytime they get dirty I just use soap and a nail brush to clean them and they look as good as new afterwards.

Any lads into painting your nails? Black nail varnish looks fvckin wicked....especially under uv lights. Only do it if heading out to one of the heavy rock pubs or clubs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

T-Shirt and jeans most of the time, generally take my trench coat in the winter time. Usually I don't expect to end up out. If I'm feeling dressy - which is very unusal, I'll wear a plain shirt, possibly with black trousers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

LadyJ wrote:
    Not a lot
    I like you.
    Any lads into painting your nails? Black nail varnish looks fvckin wicked....especially under uv lights. Only do it if heading out to one of the heavy rock pubs or clubs.....
    ..eeeh.....no.

Ha,"nancy boy" :D
    I like makeup on guys. Eyeliner can look great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

How "metro" and "unmetro" can you get?
    I only had my nails painted one, my then gf wanted to do it for a laugh so I said ok, next day I made sure I got ride of it all. But a few days later couldn't understand why everyone in the swimming pool was givign me funny looks. Being lazy I decieded not to get rid of the varnish on my toes sine I figured nobody would see them.
    What that has to do with fashion I don't know, but if it makes you laugh, you got to pay me.

Normally I'll wear a shirt or very light jumper (one of those marino wool things) and a good pair of jeans.
    Depends on the mood I am in if I don't feel liek going clubbing I'll just wear jeans, t-shirt and runners so I won't get dragged out later one.

I'm not talking about going out and looking like a fag....as long as you aren't wearing a fishnet top with it (yes i know guys who wear these) then i don't see a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

LadyJ wrote:
    Ha,"nancy boy" :D
    I like makeup on guys. Eyeliner can look great!

hmmm eyeliner...the main reason i like brandon (methinks thats his name) flowers...god its hot :D but hes the only girly guy on my list....A guy wearing eyeliner and black nail polish...now thats the business...hmmm.

Me night out; depends on company, normally black, lil bit of shiney things, usually tho lil skirt and lil top, less material, more easy to shake my ass in, and flowy stuff for lots of twirls :D

O be warned hoop earing are asking for trouble...went to a club a while a go and saw two "young wans" geting in a scrap over this "fella"...lets just say the cat claws came out and yanked at a few things...not a pretty site...blood everywhere...arghhhhhh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

brandon flowers is the only guy i have ever seen that looks hot with eyeliner, god he's one looker.........................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

anna20 wrote:
    brandon flowers is the only guy i have ever seen that looks hot with eyeliner, god he's one looker.........................

What about Johnny Depp in Pirate of the Caribbean? Please tell me you aren't saying that he wasn't hot in that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jet black cotton poloneck (H&M do a nice one).
    Clean jeans that fit properly (none of the sk8ter crap, Gap are good- Levis are just so me-too....).
    Black loafers (Fluchos or something comfy, whatever about what you're wearing your shoes say a lot about you).

Trainers are out, tracksuits are out and anyone who wears a hoody deserves to have the bouncers set on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Classic navy adidas samba shoes or blue gola.. depending on my mood
    jeans
    t-shirt or shirt

cant go wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rasherboy

depends where im going! t-shirt jeans and shoes(my dubes!!)
    or if i wanna look classy a shirt and a suit jacket wit jeans! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

dubes......instant turn off.....

YOU'RE NOT ON A BOAT!!!

so the same as giving out to people who wear skate shoes when they arent skating!! shoes are shoes! only ones i have! you need shoes usually to get in to places in town!

rasherboy wrote:
    ..... you need shoes usually to get in to places in town!
    Not really.... I never where leather shoes in the classic sense out in town and i've never had any issues... and i go out most weekends. I think Dublin has got past the whole 'you're not wearing black leather shoes, so you ain't getting in' rule..

As long as you aren't wearing gleaming white nikes with air bubbles the size of a zeppelin you should be fine.

Dress smart but casual... or if that doesn't suit, dress in a way that makes you happy!

If you're a goth, be a goth. If you're a sailor, wear boat shoes... Carpe Diem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would usualyy wear......jeans, t-shirt, catepillar boots and a jacket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I'm a bit of a girlie girl I suppose....a skirt and dress girl....I'd usually wear a top and short skirt (not too short though)....I never wear trousers on a night out.

• Advertisement

Not really.... I never where leather shoes in the classic sense out in town and i've never had any issues... and i go out most weekends. I think Dublin has got past the whole 'you're not wearing black leather shoes, so you ain't getting in' rule..

As long as you aren't wearing gleaming white nikes with air bubbles the size of a zeppelin you should be fine.

Dress smart but casual... or if that doesn't suit, dress in a way that makes you happy!

If you're a goth, be a goth. If you're a sailor, wear boat shoes... Carpe Diem ;)

iv never been turned away myself, but iv seen it happen! i just do it to avoid the possible embarresment of it! i dont want to get turned away so why not just take the precautions and save having to go home to change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I normally wear a hoody and a cool T under so I can take off the hoody.. Jeans or my chords which are beige (I only like chunky ones).. I have my navy Vans, or my beige DVS. They're both skate shoes.. I always have a 'relaxed' look.. I'm not into wearing a shirt everywhere, although if it's a uniform for a certain party I'll wear one if I have to.

I normally wear that kinda 'uniform' if I'm going to a club, pub, party, free gaff.. It's mad handy, because you can wear it the next day if you end up not going home that night and not stand out in town the next day..

ClareBear wrote:
    I'm a bit of a girlie girl I suppose....a skirt and dress girl....I'd usually wear a top and short skirt (not too short though)....I never wear trousers on a night out.
    if there were only more like you.....

Ireland seems to have a plague of the 'black trouser brigade' when it comes to women dressing up for going out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, but it's not all bad.. Most of them trousers are tight! ;) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

It depends - in the winter I normally wear either a classic little black dress/ black tight top and skirt combination (get called Morticia a lot). In the summer I tend to go for pastel dresses a la Pre Raphaelite Brotherhood paintings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I guess it depends on where abouts I'm going. Nowadays, in town(Dublin) you can get away with wearing anything, as long as you don't look like a skanger.

Desert boots, semi-baggy jeans I got in River Island, and my yellow T with palm trees on it. I'm fairly into my t-shirts, so maybe a nice clean Quiksilver one. Sometimes I wear a shirt, I have a nice black one with white pin-stripes, and I'll leave the cuffs open.

• Advertisement
Advertisement