Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time for change

• 21-05-2005 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Tbh when people read this they are going think the reason I am writing this is because of a knee jerk reaction from the match today. But it has got to be said, the fact of Malcolm Glazer buyin the club is maybe a good in a way, because this team that is Man United needs to change. Its not down to fergie imo he has had some dodgy decisions this season i'll admit that, but the man behind this bad season is Carlos Queiroz. His ideas simply dont work, and he was found at Madrid. I think ferguson should step aside so as to let the board bring in some freshness. Other notes would be we need to sell Van Nistelrooy, the premiership know his game all two well, and he has nothing to adapt his game. We need big players who play for the big game's, Ruud has gone so off the boil he is stone cold. The man we saw today is nothing but a shadow of his once profilic self, he has no urgency about himself anymore. I hope Malcolm brings change because we certainly need it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Read the problem with United.
    As for Ruud, hes really gone off the big games. Top scorer in the CL only this year, normally he is top scorer in at least two compos.
    He isn't fit yet, it shows. But yet you still manager to dismiss him, after he ran all over the pitch chasing down every ball, creating chances, he has been out for 4 months of the season, find me a player to return that quickly and still do what Van Nist did today.

Van Nist is the only player in the entire Man Utd team who would be the majority of peoples World Top 11, so lets not be ****ing stupid.
    Sell him, and you'll be moaning at Fergie next season when you see him lifting the CL with whatever team he moves to, after getting the European Golden boot. We're lucky to have him imo, lucky!

Queiroz is responsible for the 4-3-3 yes, but he has totally sorted out our defense, it being rock solid bested only by Chelsea. Last season we lost cause of it, this season we lost cause of attack. Next season hopefully both would be better.
    Fergie is here until 2008, live with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

where there not rumours going around that some of the players dont like carlos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

PHB wrote:
    Read the problem with United.
    Fergie is here until 2008, live with it

Great, looking forward to him sticking around, if bread got as stale as united have been the last couple of seasons you would throw it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Well said thanx 4 the fish, but in regards to yourself PHB, it boils down to this mate, people like yourself get hung up on stats like commentators. RVN may have scored many goals in the CL but who is in the final because it certainly aint us, he did nothing today that warranted good performance. Rooney and Ronaldo stole show for us it certainly wasn't RVN. Getting hung up on nostalgia is waste of time, this is the first year we haven't won the league in 2 years since the beginning of the premiership. Their are possibly 5 faultless stars left : Rio , Rooney, Gary Neville, Ronaldo and Heinze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Ya well in fairness to Roy Keane he has been excellent aswell this season, but he surely cant go on forever and needs to be replaced a.s.a.p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Fergie has to go.. he has ran out of ideas and most in United are mediocre. No other top european club would allow this shambles to continue. New manager is needed and a sh1t load of new hungry players

Fergie has to go.. he has ran out of ideas and most in United are mediocre. No other top european club would allow this shambles to continue. New manager is needed and a sh1t load of new hungry players
    Thank you my sentiments exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Willem D wrote:
    Well said thanx 4 the fish, but in regards to yourself PHB, it boils down to this mate, people like yourself get hung up on stats like commentators. RVN may have scored many goals in the CL but who is in the final because it certainly aint us, he did nothing today that warranted good performance. Rooney and Ronaldo stole show for us it certainly wasn't RVN. Getting hung up on nostalgia is waste of time, this is the first year we haven't won the league in 2 years since the beginning of the premiership. Their are possibly 5 faultless stars left : Rio , Rooney, Gary Neville, Ronaldo and Heinze.

bit harsh judginh him on a few games back from injury is it not? its not he has been poor last season aswell.

amazing how fickle some fans are.

Its ****ing unreal.
    Of every single player in the United team, there is only one who is guarenteed to start every single game.
    Even this season, which he has been bad? Who got the draw in the lyon match for us?
    Who singlehandly when were were 2-0 scored 2 goals from nothing.

5 faultless stars left?
    Rio - Let Gudjohnson score in the Chelsea match through a bad tackle
    Rooney - Takes way too many shots outside the box, like Ronaldo really because cause he is british people don't notice
    Neville - Lets people onside a ****load
    Ronaldo - Losses the ball so often
    Heinze - Lacks an attacking threat

Nobody is faultless, but the blame cannot lie whatsoever on RVN.
    He isn't getting the service, and has been injured all season. Yet still, who scored for us against Chelsea?
    Rooney Ronaldo Giggs? This guys had great games but who put it into the net, RVN, just like he always does.

I don't get hung up on stats, but just because some people use stats to much doesn't nullify them completely their value.
    What did he do that warrented a good preformance today?
    25 mins in:
    Brushed off Ashley cole to run around him and lay it back perfectly to Rooney to slot it in, but your faultless Rooney blasted it at the keeper.
    Got into two positions that on another day would have went in.
    Played as the lone ****ing striker in a 4-3-3 system, how well did Bergkamp do that today? Theres the difference in quality, and player type for that matter but thats Wengers fault.
    Ruud made the 4-3-3 work, and Ronaldo and Rooney couldn't play the way they like without Ruud there.

I'm happy in the knowledge that Fergie agrees with me, and that RVN is sooo dedicated to the club and Fergie that he intends to stay for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You are all over the shop all of you. Stop bloody panicking and just relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i saw this in another thread and i had to restrain myself.

i want to go on record and if anything changes we can all point this post out to me.

man united will not sell rvn. it is complete madness that some fans are even considering this. ruud van is one of the best strikers in europe. he simply isnt fit at the moment. he was out for a very long time and he will be back to his best next year.

jumpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

The amount of sh!te being written here is unbleiveable - take your heads out of your proverbials, correct me if I am wrong United dominated that game yesterday, Arsenal IMO have a lot more reasons to be worried.

Given a good pre-season Ruud will be back to his best. Any talk of selling him is pure unaldrated crap, he is the top striker in Europe at what he does(Henry does is differently). There would be a massive queue if he was up for sale and Chelsea an Madrid would be at the top of the queue. Also next season Rooney and Ronaldo will have matured a lot more.

The defence barirng the very odd mistake has been rock solid. A new top class keeper is needed and someone to play CM, Keane cannot play every game vut will still play the big ones. A creative midfielder would be nice too. I would love to see a 4-3- with Rooney as the furthest forward fidfielder, he could destroy teasm from there.

There is not a lot wrong and I have full faith in Fergie gettng it right, he is building a new team FFS.

It just gets me soo damm angry. :(
    Sorry :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stopped reading after bout the 6th post cause I think you are all mad tbh.

Van Nistelroy just came back from a horrible injury, i have to laugh at people who think they know something about football. You cannot, cannot sit out 4 months in the premiership and expect to come back full blazing. He will only start to hit back form mid summer early start next season. He is fine and is coping well coming back, remember he is well ahead of schedule. But aswell as him Smith and Saha are two good foward players, both who sat on the bench yesterday =/

Ferguson IS Man United. You hear it all the time, when United have a bad season or dont win anything its shouts for Fergie out. Its called transition. He has a totally changed team with new faces all over, Rooney,Ronaldo,Fortune playing better,Fletcher,O'Shea. This happend a few years ago and everyone called for his head, then they won the treble. Its called a transitional phase were you know your going to have a rough season due to changes and that the team will gel and mix. that is why you had such a late departure of Djemba muck face and Kleberson is still there, with the hope that it might click.

So stop calling for his head, he is the most succesful and best manager in the world. And dispite what you say about Carlos, if you REALLY knew about football youd know that Real Madrid team selections are made not by the manager, but he simply passes his thoughts to the board and chairman who make the final decision. Real madrid also have a pecking order with their so called "stars". Hence why Figo and Beckham,Raul, Zidane are never dropped, even though they are no longer up to par really.

So please learn the full facts and read into all sides before screaming for someones head.And at the end of the day the united owner will not be reading here thinking of your opinion, we all know Fergie will be there next season and till 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah I just want to say the first thing Carlos asked for when he got to Madrid was a new defender and they did not grant his wish and made him stick with the team.

I think it was Bannor told me this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Maybe I am biased but I think United are very close to being a great team again - if they can solve the not scoring problem(and I think a fit Ruud will solve that). I think the 3 in midfield is his way of coping with/replacing an aging Keane. I think a CM will be signed this season and prob someone from the Italina league who is very defensively minded.

Advertisement