Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending files to memory card on 3230 via bluetooth?

Options
  • 21-05-2005 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

i recently bought a nokia 3230, but it seems that when you send files from a pc to the 3230 they are saved on the 6mb internal memory rather than the memory card, i'm trying to send some video files much larger than 6mb and it tells me there isnt enough space to save the file once it nears the 6mb mark. basically i'm asking is it possible to save files to the memory card when sent through bluetooth, or can they only be sent to the internal memory then copied over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

With any phone, you can only access the phone memory using bluetooth.
    To fill the card, you really need a card reader

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

on the 6600 you can specify whether to use phone or memory card , its in the messagin section , not sure if the 6230 is a sybian phone or has similiar settings , 6mb via bluetooth though ! , time to make a few coffees

messaging/options / settings/ other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

hmmmmm? good point
    the 6230 isnt, but its a 3230 nephew is asking about, and that is!
    Try formatmans advice nephew. Maybe there is somewhere to change it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

i did a load of googling last night and theres no option on the 3230 to change message memory to the memory card but i found this free app which changes it to the memory card. it should work for most phones. MsvDriveE has solved my problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

when u password protect your card on 6600- if used in another phone will password still be on?

msvdrivee.sis -> bit of a buggy app.

Anyone have probs with mrouter recognising nokia phones? Btooth software picks its up but not the os. - have a thread on this if anyone can help - post later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

syncs with the mac perfect , had horrible trouble with PC and bluetooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

pcwares wrote:
    msvdrivee.sis -> bit of a buggy app.

it works fine on the 3230. once you install the sis file, thats it, your inbox will be saved to the memory card and no longer the internal memory, but if you try to open the msvdrivee program you'll get an error message. is this what you mean by buggy?

Advertisement