Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football superstitions

• 21-05-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

What's the strangest thing you've done or worn for fear of jinxing your team if you don't?

I've got a Liverpool 1984 European Cup final replica shirt that I got when I went to Anfield for the 3-1 victory over Olympiakos. I wore it on the Kop that night and have worn it for every Champions League game since then. The trouble is, I haven't washed it for fear of jinxing things and after the Chelsea game there's a big Guinness stain down the front that someone managed to spill in all the excitement. So I'm going to have to go out like a scruff on Wednesday to help the Reds win their 5th European Cup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

We've got two lucky Everton mugs in the house, about 8 cups are consumed from them every match day. it's worked well so far!

There's three evertonians in the house, and whenever all three of us wear our jerseys, we lose. One of them's was unlucky, so we've replaced it!

And also, we always wish Liverpool well until our game is finished ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Whatever it takes, this Wednesday! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I never wear the Arsenal colours since 1995 Real Zaragosa game when they lost !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Used same watch for timekeeping at games, GF lost it once (derry won league that year) found it again we won league in 2001 now its lost and we ****.

For 5 seasons it was official timekeeping tool in our group every season it was there we won the league.

/its around here somewhere must find it must find it......its aTAG watch btw worth a few blips seemingly
    kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have 3 or 4 Man Utd mugs and I never use them on match day.

Didnt help today though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I have three Barcelona key rings that must be in my presence everytime I watch them play. I also have a pin that I wear for every game. Sad. I pray too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

in my view football is not about superstitons and all that lark its about the luck on the day. its one of those things that you cannot help even if you think you are the biggest fan!!!! look at united and arsenal yesterday(fa cup) united were all over them and arsenal got all the luck on the day!! thats football!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

just slightly off topic but in regard to players superstitions.

has anyone noticed rio ferdinand when he is walking out from the tunnel and onto the pitch. he seems to take a few slow steps and then a jump. its kinda weird looking when he does it because he looks like he is trying to do one of wacko jackos moves.

anyone know where and why this orignated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

gandalf wrote:
    I never wear the Arsenal colours since 1995 Real Zaragosa game when they lost !!!

Nayim from the halfway line...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've seen this two.
    A lot of goalies have superstitions, like weird ones, like favorite gloves etc.

I honastly believe if I don't see the game live we will loose/draw.
    I've missed 4 games this year and we've lost/drawn em, including yesterday :(
    Puts a lot of pressure on me tbh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

***&*^£ ###&***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Roffles! :D

Advertisement