Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil Evil Nestle

• 21-05-2005 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Does any one else here oppose to eating nestle? i havnt eaten any o their stuff for 5 years, did you hear about the terrible abuse they gave peopl in africa, and animal cruelty :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Million_Dead

meh....the chocolate is still good, so thats all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

yeah the chocolate is deelish and until it stop being nice ill continue eating it

and i would be fairly sure most companies like nestle have something to do with cruelty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yeah, Nestlé really are one of the most despicable showers of murdering bastards around. It's easy to boycott their own stuff, since it's mank, but I miss some of Rowtree's nicer stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

koala wrote:
    Does any one else here oppose to eating nestle? i havnt eaten any o their stuff for 5 years, did you hear about the terrible abuse they gave peopl in africa, and animal cruelty :mad:
    Yes, apparently, if you re-arrange the letters in the word 'Nestle', then add a few, and subtract a few, it spells "We are Satan's confectioner".

Any large corporation making consumer goods tests on animals, either directly or indirectly.

On another scale, look what Belgium did to the Congo in the 19th Century. Does that mean we have to all stop eating Pringles? (Proctor and Gambal 'moon' logo has been argued to resemble Satan in profile!).

I believe the original beef people had with Nestle was how they tried to get certain African countries to use their baby-milk products in the 70's through some pretty sharp-practises.

*does a quick U turn* ...and while I'm at it, when it comes to scales of 'evilness', I'd consider what the current Government are currently doing to the sick and the elderly of this country to be far more evil than Nestlè's African Adventure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Interest point, koala would you care to back up this arguement with example of this poor ethics that yo claim Nestle practise?

I see nothing wrong with there chocolate, but I would be opposed to such unethical practises, like animal cruelty, and the likes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

yeah nestlé are sknk to people in africa who pick there coco beans... i still it there stuff sometimes tho. but not much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's easy to boycott their own stuff, since it's mank, but I miss some of Rowtree's nicer stuff.

I think all of their chocolate is mank with the exception of the "Double Cream" bars which are delicious.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I haven't eaten their stuff for over two years at this stage, it's not diffcult because the chocolate isn't that nice, but I do miss Polos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Does any one else here oppose to eating nestle? i havnt eaten any o their stuff for 5 years, did you hear about the terrible abuse they gave peopl in africa, and animal cruelty

I agree with menphis. I havent heard about this before. Id be interested to see what the fuss is about.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I agree with menphis. I havent heard about this before. Id be interested to see what the fuss is about.
    You haven't heard about it before? I'm surprised at that, it was all over the news when the UCD student union decided to ban Nestlé products on campus. But I'll link you to a website instead
    http://www.babymilkaction.org/boycott/prmachine.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

I remember something about the students and - was it coke - ? - a bit of a rukkus a couple of years ago. Were there any longterms changes in sale policy in ucd or is everything the same as it ever was again?

Interesting link. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yeah they've banned Coke in UCD, kind of. It's just not available in the places run by the Students Union but you can still get it everywhere else. So really, it's a bit of a sham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

(Proctor and Gambal 'moon' logo has been argued to resemble Satan in profile!)
    Did Satan pose for mugshots, so that this could be ascertained?

beanyb wrote:
    Yeah they've banned Coke in UCD, kind of. It's just not available in the places run by the Students Union but you can still get it everywhere else. So really, it's a bit of a sham.
    back on topic please. If ye which to discuss Coke, take it to food and drink.

I am not in a position to debate about Coke, as I am working for them for the Summer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Talliesin wrote:
    but I miss some of Rowtree's nicer stuff.
    I haven't enjoyed kit-kat's since they the takeover. They changed the chocolate

Don't forget that VW and Krups used to use slave labour in the 40's

http://perc.ca/PEN/1991-09/patterson.html
    Remember the Nestle boycott? It ended in 1984, and was hailed as the most important victory in the history of the international consumer movement. Nestle had finally agreed to restrict the marketing of its infant formula in compliance with the International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes. The Code was developed because of worldwide recognition that hundreds of thousands of infants were dying every year from diseases related to bottle feeding—and that unethical and aggressive marketing of infant formula played a large part in the tragedy.

But a quick google will pick up more on the current state ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

fúckin hippies.

Why did they ban coke in UCD?

freedom of choice and all that

memphis wrote:
    I am not in a position to debate about Coke, as I am working for them for the Summer.
    See? They're evil! Controlling what you say! Muaw-haw-haw.

I think UCD's beef with Coke is due to the alledged trouble they had with employees in a certain South American country being shot when they tried to unionise.

Read my post again, I said I wasn't in a position to debate about Coke, didn't say ye couldn't. However if ye do, please do so on the Food and Drink forum, as this forum is only for discussions on Sweets, Crisps and Chocolate.

Thanks!!

memphis wrote:
    Read my post again, I said I wasn't in a position to debate about Coke, didn't say ye couldn't.
    I was talking about you!

• Advertisement

Thread closed as SOME people are unable to keep the thread on topic.

I did ask ye politely to get back on topic but I guess that was too hard for ye to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement