Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA VC oddities

Options
  • 21-05-2005 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

Yo,

Basically it wont work! It wont run normally so I have to run as Admin but when I do this it says "Unhandled exception c0000005" at locations that change each time I try to run it.

I've tried googling but no one seems to know how to fix it. The only thing I saw that might be helpful is updating my chipset drivers, which seems a tad extreme just for one game, especially as it worked a while ago. I installed the 1.1 patch as well just to see if it'd help but it didnt.

Im running Win XP Sp1 on an Athlon 3200+, 1024mb RAM, ATI x800. As far as I know I have the latest Direct X and graphics drivers but I dont understand why this is happening as it was working a while ago. It's been re-installed about 3 times in the last two weeks or so but to no avail.

Any help is welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

try getting SP2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Last two times I did that it messed-up so bad I had to reinstall XP. Couldnt uninstall SP2 at all, not even in safe-mode, so no! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Have you tried reinstalling - dont worry , you wont loss your save file.
    Have you installed any mods?
    Do you own the game...

I've reinstalled 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks. I do own the game, no cracks or anything installed, no mods, no nothing. This sucks :(

edit: muse rock!

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

this is what you get for being a hiller

Low blow, you faggot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

sometimes weird problems like this can be to do with faulty memory. not memory thats dead but just memory that returns incorrect values every so often. this could be consistent with any problems with programs you have installed or run a repair on since the memory went faulty.
    the only way to check for sure is to get a good memory diagnostic/checking utility and run it on your system. i cant think of the name of a good one now but someone else here should know one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the fact that you can't install xpsp2 really points to problems with your system. Have you tried upgrading to sp2 immediately after a reinstall of windows XP?

Are all your drivers and bios up to date? (including motherboard drivers).

Advertisement