Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alba DVD Player hanging ??

• 21-05-2005 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there, i have an Alba DVD player since xmas, not used a whole lot, once a week if lucky kinda thing.

I played a previous viewed DVD, bought second hand last night and it played fine but the player wouldn't work afterwards.

When i say wont work, i mean i put in some DVDs (two were brand new, out of wrapper) and it was loading for ages and then said no disc. Another DVD played for a bit and then just froze and i had to open the drawer to reset it.

I bought a lens cleaner DVD today but it wont load ??
    I have plugged it out and restarted it ... still nothing, any ideas ..... it is fairly new so i would have thought i would get trouble this early !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

That's weird. The exact same thing happened to me last night with the same player, 30min into a DVD and it froze solid and hasn't played another one since.

Anyone else thinking they had a countdown timer built into them? I've yet to take it out to give it a good going over, It'll be tomorrow at the earliest, let me know if you figure anything in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

WHOAH! I bought the same DVD player... about a week ago it froze mid disc and ever since then has given me "No Disc"... I took it apart to see what was going in and it seemed like the discs weren't spinning up right, the drive tray motor was fine (obviously) and the lens motor was fine as the lens could move in and out but the disc spin motor seems fscked as it was spinning for a second or two and then just stopping. What the hell's going on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Bob wrote:
    WHOAH! I bought the same DVD player... about a week ago it froze mid disc and ever since then has given me "No Disc"... I took it apart to see what was going in and it seemed like the discs weren't spinning up right, the drive tray motor was fine (obviously) and the lens motor was fine as the lens could move in and out but the disc spin motor seems fscked as it was spinning for a second or two and then just stopping. What the hell's going on here?
    Exact same problem here, you hear it trying to spin up and then stop and repeat a few times. VERY Interesting that they should all go at such a simliar time, Coincidence? I think not!

Now thats what you call reliable. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

pauln wrote:
    Exact same problem here, you hear it trying to spin up and then stop and repeat a few times. VERY Interesting that they should all go at such a simliar time, Coincidence? I think not!

Now thats what you call reliable. :rolleyes:

Thats the exact same problem here .... i tried a CD just to see and it played for a few seconds but kinda distorted and then stopped, no disc ..... jebus, that is weird that it happened to a few others !! :eek:

Advertisement