Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alba DVD Player hanging ??

Options
  • 21-05-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there, i have an Alba DVD player since xmas, not used a whole lot, once a week if lucky kinda thing.

I played a previous viewed DVD, bought second hand last night and it played fine but the player wouldn't work afterwards.

When i say wont work, i mean i put in some DVDs (two were brand new, out of wrapper) and it was loading for ages and then said no disc. Another DVD played for a bit and then just froze and i had to open the drawer to reset it.

I bought a lens cleaner DVD today but it wont load ??
    I have plugged it out and restarted it ... still nothing, any ideas ..... it is fairly new so i would have thought i would get trouble this early !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

its an alba DVD player! ... nuf said

but seriously the DVD standard is so open to interpretation that some DVD 's just won't play in cheap players

bring it back to the store and buy a semi decent model from richersounds for under a €100

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

formatman wrote:
    its an alba DVD player! ... nuf said

:p .... fair enough .... i know it aint a great make but thought i might be a bit longer out of the old boy. I suppose i'll have to splash the cash !!

Cheers for your help !!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Could be a dodgy laser possibly. As it's only a few months old, it should be repaired/replaced under guarantee.

Advertisement