Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm jealous...

Options
  • 22-05-2005 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I'm jealous of all those people still doing exams :(

The sense of purpose, of knowing what one should do today has completely evaporated since I finished last thursday. Now come morning I wake and have time for other thoughts, the kind of thoughts that could write Joy Division* lyrics.

I'm thinking a job with long difficult hours would solve it. Hard drugs and other distractions have been ruled out due to their baleful effect on my health.

:(

*bleak late 70's early 80's new wave band.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kasintahan wrote:
    I'm jealous of all those people still doing exams :(

The sense of purpose, of knowing what one should do today has completely evaporated since I finished last thursday. Now come morning I wake and have time for other thoughts, the kind of thoughts that could write Joy Division* lyrics.

I'm thinking a job with long difficult hours would solve it. Hard drugs and other distractions have been ruled out due to their baleful effect on my health.

:(

*bleak late 70's early 80's new wave band.

Yeah I can relate to what you're saying. Even though exams are a pain in the arse they are something to overcome at least. I find myself staying in bed and lounging around at home most of the time and the only time I go out is to go drinking with friends. I need to get a job and do something. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

kasintahan wrote:

Do both, works for me!

They'll keep you occupied and if you find the right combination, happy too. Then it won't bother you that there is no purpose, 'cos at the end of the day the only purpose worth going for is to be happy :)

/mush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yeah get a job, cos then you'll have money, and then you can spend the money on nice things and trips away with your friends!

Oh and for Gods sake don't be jealous of us "still doing exams" types, seriously, thats just wrong :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Anyone need a hitman?

No?

Nuts. Oh well, I guess I'll just apply for the job in the newsagents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If I didn't have a job for the summer I think I'd go inzane! *cough*......... *cough*

Starting new job tomorrow so fooking nervous but the pay is amazing, smashing hours 11-4 so I get a nice sleep, home for the evening and loads of dosh in the bank to spend on alcohol..... woohoo!

• Advertisement

Whoa, nice hours - where's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

what you doing Zane? 11-4 nice hours.v 12-8 would suit be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Signed up to monster this morning after my dad came in demanding to know when i was gonna get a job!
    I only finished my last exam at 5.30 yesterday evening!!!
    I haven't been unemployed in the last 7 years except for when i was doing the leaving & then just there since feb again due to exams!
    It's not like i LIKE being broke!!
    He's a silly man!

*sigh* rant over-ish.
    (until drink is consumed this evening)

hooters are opening up in dundrum shopping centre...

Are they REALLY!!!?????

• Advertisement

no. but they should be.

hooters are opening up in dundrum shopping centre...

Thanks but I don't think I'm what they're looking for.

hooters chippendale style.

You could babyoil your head as well as the rest of you!
    Shiney!!!

Where are you people applying for jobs? I tried some supermarket places last week but have heard nothing since. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Last summer I made over 9 grand in 3 months after tax.

This summer I'll be working in California....
    Not finished until friday though....

hooters chippendale style.

That neither!

*places his order for 10kG of 80% whey protein, a half kilo of creatine ethly ester, half kilo of L-glutamine, taurine and vitamin b5* - thank jebus for the credit card.

so 50000 a year before tax ish? doing what?

Labourer on the DART line upgrades with some serious overtime

You could babyoil your head as well as the rest of you!
    Shiney!!!

The rest of me 'aint so shiny....

....at least until I lay my hands on some non-teatree oil shaving foam. That stuff stings the nadgers :eek: :confused::p

Sangre wrote:

This summer I'll be working in California....
    Not finished until friday though....

Bastid! - enjoy yerself. I made 2g's from being laid off last november so I'll not complain.

• Advertisement

you labouring? piss off.

wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

you labouring? piss off.
    He's from Raheny, is it really that surprising?

i was just thinking about all the broken nails. not his thing. but now i'm justing thinking i've no idea who he is so i'm shutting up.

He's from Raheny, is it really that surprising?

Raheny what a dump! :D

If anyone wants a job try the Spar in Raheny. A mate of mine works there and it gets held up at least once a week. So if you are desperate you know where to go as I'm sure not that many people would want to work there!

Raheny what a dump! :D

If anyone wants a job try the Spar in Raheny. A mate of mine works there and it gets held up at least once a week. So if you are desperate you know where to go as I'm sure not that many people would want to work there!

Zane are you entreating us to rob the place or work there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I cant believe im saying this but i am mega jelaous of exam people too-been finished well over a week and today i was so bored i actually sorted out my notes for next year!!New heights of nerdom!Everyone has gone away to exotic places cept me!!

panda100 wrote:
    I cant believe im saying this but i am mega jelaous of exam people too-been finished well over a week and today i was so bored i actually sorted out my notes for next year!!New heights of nerdom!

(cough) What a geek! (cough)

kasintahan wrote:
    Zane are you entreating us to rob the place or work there?

Why not do both! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement