Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DOE test query!

Options
  • 22-05-2005 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Does anyone know how strict the doe test for light goods vechicles is on diesel emissions?my 97 d-turbo 306 is due for testing next month and the things is it produes a fair amount of smoke on cold starts!am i in trouble???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

I think the DOE is fairly ok with enmissions in general, its not as strict a test as the nct, but im sure others can tell u better.
    How is it a D-turbo? All the 306carvans are non-turbo 1.9`s arent they.
    Did u convert a Dturbo car to a commercial?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My mate was advised to add a little kero to the tank just before the test, he did so and had no problems with smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Take the van for a good "italian tune up" before hand, it'll clear the pipes! And starting will be cleaner anyway on a warm engine.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭slowhands

cheers for the tips!hopefully it will alright!
    And yes it is a d-turbo,was converted by peugeot in the factory before it was delivered,very few of them around!

Advertisement