Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer set self-destruct sequence

Options
  • 22-05-2005 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

just wondering what everyone though about the destruction of the "the Ship" in star trek, such as st 3, generations, ds9,voy

st 3 , sad and nice the way they did it , though personally i think it was too short, a lot of history in that ship!!

Generations , personally i have the biggest problem with this one, i think it was more for the movie for a "big explosion" effect , though the crash was amazing.

ds9 , unexpected for it too happen , but in a time of war it happenns.

voy, year of hell episode nice but kinda expected ie the captain goes down with the ship , heroic effort etc....

when voyger crashes on the ice planet (cant remember the episodes name) its at the start of the episode , very unexpected but really good opener to an episode!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Generations pissed me off the Enterprise which would be a heavy cruiser or battleship in today’s terms destroyed by a ****ty scout ship what more it was a crappy way to kill the big D it imho should of went out fighting against overwhelming numbers like in yesterdays enterprise Klingons : Surrender , Picard with bridge burning around him : That will be the day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

My saddest day was watching the gorgeus D get all ****ed up on impact. God that ship was sexy. Were it a woman I'd marry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Erm, how did DS9 blow up? Didn't see it. Saw how it held of lots of Klingons, tho.

=-=

Jadzia Dax :mega-drool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The computer self destruct was not used in Generations. It was used liberally in the Next Generation but stopped at the last second.

A computer program was used to make **** up DS9 when the federation withdrew from it during the Dominion war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

the_syco Erm, how did DS9 blow up? Didn't see it. Saw how it held of lots of Klingons, tho

the defiant / breen killed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

magick wrote:
    the defiant / breen killed it
    yes that right the defiant and the brren destroyd DS9.......

i ditn like the way tyhey killed the duras sisters they where good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

User45701 wrote:
    i ditn like the way tyhey killed the duras sisters they where good

Those men ****ed up the Enterprise D man - they had to suffer! Damn lesbo's

Advertisement