Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan Vs Liverpool (Predictions)

• 22-05-2005 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Well its coming v near, I have this horrible feeling that Milan will turn on the style, they show up when they need to, Kaka threading those balls through is deadly and it will interesting to see how The Pool defence copes with a world class stirkeforce.

I can see Pool scoring but it won't be enough. 3-1 to Milan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Milan are knackered and presumably gutted about losing the Scudetto as well - I say Liverpool to win this by a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Liverpool to win it 1-0 after extra-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Liverpool to win one nil - Carragher to score :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ianomccabe wrote:
    Liverpool to win one nil - Carragher to score :D

Never eat strong cheese before bed! :)

I'll stick with my mad 3-1 to Pool prediction*

Mike.

*note to self - stop eating strong cheese at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Milan 2 - 0 Liverpool.

Shevchenko to get both goals.

mike65 wrote:
    Never eat strong cheese before bed! :)

I'll stick with my mad 3-1 to Pool prediction*

Mike.

*note to self - stop eating strong cheese at night

I'm stocking up on cheese before wednesday, i can see it now. A deflection of carra's arse to send us all dancing around the streets of Istanbul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

2-1 Liverpool. It'll happen, you'll see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Milan to score first and Liverpool to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

im predicting 3-0 to Milan.

Milans expirience will win this one for them Liverpool just arent up to the same standard as Milan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Milan to score first and Liverpool to win.
    Afraid not - Liverpool have to score first - thre whole game plan depends on it

3-0 to Milan(Shevchenko Hat Trick) - Their Class will tell in the end - 1-0 at half time and they will pick Liverpool off on the break

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Liverpool just arent up to the same standard as Milan.

Nor were we up to the same standard as Juventus, nor were we up to the same standard as chelsea...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think we should start three or four more threads about this game :rolleyes:

I think liverpool put on a brave performance but lose by an early goal and a last minute goal against the run of play.

Milan 2 Liverpool 0

Cue mass deflation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

ianomccabe wrote:
    Nor were we up to the same standard as Juventus, nor were we up to the same standard as chelsea...........

The luck has to run out sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Milan are knackered and presumably gutted about losing the Scudetto as well - I say Liverpool to win this by a goal.

Did you actually see the team they put out in their final game.. Trust me, the first team will not be anywhere near as tired as you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

I'll be surprised if both teams score in this game. 1-0 to Liverpool or 2-0 to Milan. That's me sitting on the fence! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

TheMonster wrote:
    The luck has to run out sometime

i could say the same about milan.

1-0 liverpool, steve G freekick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I not predicting pool anymore :)

But i have this horrible feeling that the one player who will make the mistake that costs pool the game is their best player this season.....Carragher :(

Nice to see Milan start the "we want gerrard" crap 3 days before the game.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh i saw that, quality mind games :)
    While I think it will take a massive defensive preformance, Liverpool could win this, but it would be bigger than the preformances of them in the games against Juve or Chelsea.
    I have a lot of trouble seeing them score unless its due to some brilliance from Gerrard or Garcia, but they can do it, Garcia especially in Europe.
    But, I think if Liverpool score early, which they have to do, they will get scored on by Milan.
    I honastly think the only way for Liverpool to win is to score twice, I just can't see Shev or Kaka not creating and scoring something.
    If there is one word to describe Milan it has to be clinical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

2-1 Milan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

**** it, I'll put my neck on the line - 3-1. We've already beaten the best team in Italy, so there's no reason why we can't beat the second best. My earlier (April 1st) prediction also still stands http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2557975#post2557975

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

1-0 Pool very nervy game

as for monstors comment of luck tell me exsactly how were we lucky against B.L and Juve and chelsea??

AC have definitly had more luck them liverpool to get this far it time for their luck to run out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Liverpool 2-0 Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

2-2 and into ext time. Shevy and Kaka for Milan, Garcia and Cisse for 'pool. Hopefully, a late winner in the 2nd half of ext time for Cisse, and if not then Milan on peno's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Cianan2 wrote:
    2-2 and into ext time. Shevy and Kaka for Milan, Garcia and Cisse for 'pool. Hopefully, a late winner in the 2nd half of ext time for Cisse.

That would be unbelievable, don't know if I could take the tension though :o

However, I'll go with my heart and say 2-1 to the pool in normal time :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Liverpool to win one nil - Cisse to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

4-3 Liverpool in normal time, Hyypia to score the first. Don't want to make a proper prediction, I'm crapping it before this match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

2-1 Liverpool >> Same as v Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

prediction 1: 2-1 to the pool in normal time or else goes to penalties. any combination of baros (on a barran spell but really puts himself about, could make a chance, maybe pen or something), cisse or garcia to score.

prediction 2: Me to wet myself at some point during the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

~Rebel~ wrote:

prediction 2: Me to wet myself at some point during the match.

I got great odds for this. Fingers crossed.

Liverpool to win by a goal. 1-0 Steve Finnan 33rd minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

TheMonster wrote:
    Afraid not - Liverpool have to score first - thre whole game plan depends on it

Remember this?

Completely different standard of opposition I accept, but the Liverpool that showed up in the 2nd half would have beaten anyone that night.

My prediction: 1-0 Pool, in the most dour 90 minutes of football known to man. But it'll be worth it, come on the pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Liverpool go 0-1 down in the first half to a sweet ball by kaka for schevchenko, and in the second half benitez releases and liverpool get a first by gerrard, and last 10min Cisse runs at stam his pace is the fastest the bald C**T ever comes up against and Cisse makes S**t of him and slots the ball low into the bottom corner liverpool become champs and leave all other teams trailing in most European Cup titles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

fade2black wrote:
    I think we should start three or four more threads about this game :rolleyes:

I think liverpool put on a brave performance but lose by an early goal and a last minute goal against the run of play.

Milan 2 Liverpool 0

Cue mass deflation

The game should benefit from the early goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I predict 3-0 to milan at half time with a 5-0 full time win for milan... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well who would have predicted what happened? Nobody here! Amazing stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

I predict 3-0 to milan at half time with a 5-0 full time win for milan... ;)

soooo close, yet soooo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just like to say to everyone who spouted after each game that Liverpool will never win the champions league and constantly doubted: SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Cant believe that result. left a mates house at half time to go to a different house. took our sweet merry time cos we thought it was over. turned on the tv and it was 3-2! Cue a huge "What the f......"!

Delighted for liverpool and benitez tho, i'd say there'll be some major hangovers everywhere tomorrow!

Now they can try and add the UEFA cup to the trophy cabinet next season! :p

Advertisement