Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBMC on evox video and music problem

• 22-05-2005 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

im using xbmc as a application on my softmodded evo x xbox.
    i can do everything bar watch videos and listen to music.
    I have the media in the e drive and in the proper folders. when i try start them nothing happens. the same version plays them perfectly on my mates xbox. My mate uses xbmc on his xbox as his dashboard, i use it as an application for evo x.
    I directly copied all his xbmc from his xbox and made a folder on the pc.
    then i copied it to my xbox into apps folder.
    Any idea's what to do to get them working? :confused:
    cheers
    chris :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Hi,

In the (i think) system folder of xbmc, there's players folder, then mplayer, then codecs.

Is this folder empty? If so go to www.xboxmediacenter.com and go to it's wiki.

It will tell you what codecs are needed.
    The problem you have CAN be caused by this problem.

There could also be a problem with the xml file stored in the root directory, open it and read all the comments and see if there any dicrepencies, where there might be setting that were specific to your friends xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Definatly look for the newest version of XBMC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

This page in particular helped me before:
    http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php?wakka=XBMCTroubleBoot
    But as giblet said getting a fresh copy of the newest version is the best idea (and you get the really nice new 'milkdrop' visualisations too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Milkdrop is super.

Definately upgrade to the lastest build, should fix any problems you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Whats the latest version number? any other additions? think Im on 1.1.0 and doubt ill bother upgrading for a visualisation.

• Advertisement

skywalker wrote:
    Whats the latest version number? any other additions? think Im on 1.1.0 and doubt ill bother upgrading for a visualisation.
    V1.1 is the latest official stable version even though it was compiled sometime last year so therefore does not have the latest features that are constantly being developed and added.
    There are also CVS builds which are versions that have been compiled with all the latest features from the developers but they are not tested as thoroughly so certain features might be broken causing XBMC to crash. These versions are usually datestamped, for example the first version of xbmc with milkdrop was the 15-05-2005 version. Eventually the developers will release another stable version but it might be a month behind the latest features.
    For most people the official stable releases are the best as they have very few bugs but if you want to look at the latest features then grab the latest datestamped versions (but always keep a stable version on your xbox as well).

Just a quick note, just upgraded to 22-05-2205 build. No problems yet... :)

bishopLEN wrote:
    Just a quick note, just upgraded to 22-05-2205 build. No problems yet... :)
    I've noticed a few issues with rewind and fast-forward in some videos with 24-05-2005. I use the stable version for those now and I the newer version for music only untill they fix the problem. Have you tried the milkdrop visualisation yet?..it's very professional looking compared to 'Goom'.
    Another advantage I found is that 24-05 plays real media videos much better but it will only play them if they have a .rm extension so rename .ram files to .rm to fix it.

milkdrop visualisation yet?..it's very professional looking compared to 'Goom'.
    Another advantage I found is that 24-05 plays real media videos much better but it will only play them if they have a .rm extension so rename .ram files to .rm to fix it.

Hi,

Milkdrop just feels right, nice high resolution (well feeling like that anyway) nice when drunk or otherwise ;)

The real media ext. problem, I just changed the main xml file to recognise the other realmedia formats ie. ram rmvb etc. something like this |.rm|.rmvb|.ram| etc.

Now, the mplayer team have spent alot of time coding the real media plugin. It's ok, but you can't complain about something free and this good overall

bishopLEN wrote:
    The real media ext. problem, I just changed the main xml file to recognise the other realmedia formats ie. ram rmvb etc. something like this |.rm|.rmvb|.ram| etc.
    great tip thanks, that'll save me a lot of time with these bloody south park episodes

• Advertisement
Advertisement