Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what will i get after dragonball z

Options
  • 22-05-2005 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

i used to love the dragonball z saga but growing out of it now and was wondering what good movie/saga would you reccomend me to get.somthing like dragonball z.oh and were is the cheapest place to buy the cow bebob saga on dvd region 2. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 zigzag wonderer

a load of dbz uncut movies are being released at the moment. dealing with stories not fully covered in the dragonball z or gt. examples are the story of goku's father bardok and the days leading to the destruction of planet vegeta, broly the legendary sayian, the revenge of freiza's brother cooler and the one which i think is really cool the story of trunks in the alternate future before he came back in time to save goku from dying of heart failure, and warn them about the androids.

other things to look out for, that are similar to dbz, would be shadow skill, all the street fighter animi's (thing there's three in all now) of and check out ghost in the shell. its ****ing class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Return from the dark side! :D

Yeah try out shadow skill,Ghost in the Shell - http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~ams are showing it next week actually.
    Go into Laser and rent some stuff out - alot there you could like :) Mecha wise - Macross Plus and loads of other stuff - Princess Monoke being a definite need to watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'd recommend Hellsing, great anime and the first one I saw after DBZ as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dani

Dragonball GT?
    The original Dragon Ball ?
    Yugi Oh!
    Pokemon?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

and the one which i think is really cool the story of trunks in the alternate future before he came back in time to save goku from dying of heart failure, and warn them about the androids.
    Yep. The Story of Trunks is really good. Probably the best of the movies. I always thought the Androids were great and that they were brushed aside in the series too quickly to make way for Cell.

The battles between Adult Gohan and the 2 Androids are some of the best Dragon Ball fights you'll ever see.

Too bad the film is a bit on the short side. The first Brolly movie is really the only Dragon Ball movie that feels like a movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Dragonball GT sucks. The storyline is crap, the art is crap. They all look different and most talk different. And Akira Toriyama had hardly anything to do with it.
    Oh, and Chobits is good. Also Full Metal Alchemist. That rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 -Neo-

Yep. The Story of Trunks is really good. Probably the best of the movies. I always thought the Androids were great and that they were brushed aside in the series too quickly to make way for Cell.

The battles between Adult Gohan and the 2 Androids are some of the best Dragon Ball fights you'll ever see.

Too bad the film is a bit on the short side. The first Brolly movie is really the only Dragon Ball movie that feels like a movie.

I to thought the androids were great, especially the fight between Vegeta and Android 18.

I would recommend watching The History of Trunks, its a great film, it really shows awesome fights. Also i would recommend watching Dragonball z Movie 12. This has some great fight scenes between Janemba and Gogeta. And since Janemba is in the upcoming dragonball z game, it would help you to understand what happens in Dragonballz Budokai Tenkaichi, As that game has the story mode back. Either of the specials are a good choice.

-Neo-

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hellsing is cool to get and evangelion

Advertisement