Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor/Eircom..

Options
  • 22-05-2005 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1621852,00.html
    WHEN Peter Lynch, Eircom’s erudite and cultured finance director, was spotted at the Meteor Music awards in February, it was enough to get tongues wagging. Three months later, one of the most widely flagged transactions in Irish corporate history might just be close to completion

Brian Carey obviously admires Lynchie-but "erudite and cultured"?- I would have thought he'd have avoided tacky award shows in that case :)

aj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Yeah this rumour had been going around the telco industry a good while now. Dr. Phil was allegedly visiting Western Wireless too. It seems Denis O'Brien is also interested in Meteor which is quite interesting because I thought he was more into startups and then selling them off than buying expensive companies with low market share.

Denis has a habit of playing the "other interested party" in a lot of the Irish Telco deals. NTl, eircom and now Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

As I said before, Eircom were approaching alot of the large corporate customers of O2 and Vodafone asking them would they consider moving to Meteor if Eircom took over... This was easily 12 months ago..

So a friend who's father is the decision maker on such matters for one of these large multi-nationals told me. Make of it what you will..

Advertisement