Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd recorder

Options
  • 22-05-2005 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

im looking to get a dvd recorder. anyone have any recommendations?
    and will i be able to edit the recording before i burn it to a disc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

are u talking about for a pc or a standalone?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

pioneer dvdr 520 from Richersounds DVD and Hard disc recorder

you can edit recordings on the Hard disc part of it and then create a playlist to burn to disc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

If it's for a PC, get the inexpensive NEC 3500. Writes dual layer, 16x, + & -.

www.komplett.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭uggy

no i want a recorder from like the tv. i have a usb tv adapter and a dvd writer on the pc but the quality isnt great

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

go with the richesounds one if you have the cash , you won't be dispointed
    Otherwise , USB ( well 1.1 anyway ) can't handle full fram video thats way it looks crap , best to get an external firewire capture device that encodes the signal to Mpeg2 before it gets to the hard drive ( saving lots of space)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭uggy

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_17769.html

i found that and i think it could work. but does any one know will or how to i transfer from that to my hd so i can burn the video?

Advertisement