Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business

Options
  • 22-05-2005 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

OK, so recently realised that I have done absolutely nothing for Business and am at a loss as what to do
    figured the acts would be a good place to start, and the contract
    but other than that im totally clueless
    any tips or predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

done nothing for business, you say?
    Ah you will be grand its not the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

lol
    thats helpful!
    i know its prob the only subject where common sense can come into play
    but apparently its startin to be marked really strict

hence the panic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

yeah it is marked strict and most people who get it rechecked only get market up because they mis-read the mark on the paper and not due to the overall standard of marking.

Tips or Predictions - none at all. IF u really haven't anything done, do uniit 7, its easy. Of course u SHOULD know the units 2,3,4 inside out. Part (c) of the applied bus q always catches me though. It is only common sense IF u know it. I have to say that it isn't AS easy i first thought. If u don't have the answer thats down in the exam answer booklet they will slate u for it, even if your answer is logical and even true. For instance characteristics of an entrepreneur, there are so many, some they won't accept. Thats why i usually name about 2-3 at a time and then expand as if its one.

In conclusion its a relatively easy subject if u study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I didn't have a clue around two weeks ago but I started doing the papers over and over again. My standard's gone up, and I reckon I'm better at answering the ABQ's now because of it.
    So yeah, do the past papers over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

dont forget to give as many examples as you can, a fella here who had known the marking scheme or whatever was saying in the short q's for example that 2 marks in each question were rewarded for examples

he got an A1 so i assume he knew what he was on about, ill see if i can dig up the thread

EDIT: here you go theres a section on bs tips

• Advertisement

thanks!
    think i will stick wth the past papers
    and my teacher is always goin on bout examples so ill have a gawk at a few of them
    the trouble is im freakin out bout history (and irish) and dont rly have time to be doin all this stuff.....to any students who are doin the leavin next year
    start studyin now!

thanks again for all the replies!

someone said something cld come up about the whole eu enlargement thing...its consequences for irish business and such

Advertisement