Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bladdy hell what was that?

• 22-05-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

North Strand area - noise like three jets flying really low and fast - anyone else hear it?
    Are the Air Force allowed to fly like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Well for one thing, we dont have an airforce, but the Red Arrows are in town for the airshow in abbeyshrule and to get an idea of the area for the Bray airshow in august, the Air Corps pc-9 formation just finished their display and have gone back to Baldonnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Astro1996 wrote:
    Well for one thing, we dont have an airforce, but the Red Arrows are in town for the airshow in abbeyshrule and to get an idea of the area for the Bray airshow in august, the Air Corps pc-9 formation just finished their display and have gone back to Baldonnel.

there's pepps in another thread asking the same questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Air Corps, Air Force whatever.
    I doubt they are allowed fly that low over heavily-populated areas.

A friend of my brother's was in the Air Cadets, and the stories of what they used to do for fun were hair-raising. One 'trick' involved flying a turn at such speed that they blacked out briefly - charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

I can hear somthing but I doubt it is what you are talking about! I feel really safe knowing that they black out for a brief second or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

3 threads about this in the last couple minutes!

Not getting it here in the Blackrock area.
    Or maybe I missed it living in a perpetual bubble of music. And also the living under a stone could be a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i heard something here in bray too couldn't be them though could it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i heard it in drumcondra

Advertisement