Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB running very slow.

• 22-05-2005 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I have IOL BB, it's running at dial-up speeds, any ideas? I'm on the Blessington exchange.

Also, IE6 won't connect to the Net, can only connect through Firefox. Is their a way i can copy the connection settings from FF to IE??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Wackman

Im noticing drops in speed every night at this time, not as bad as dial up but sometimes half the download speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man.

Nah seriously, I'm on 2meg and it's fine. The Blessington exchange. Are you 1mb? It was dire for me when they didn't upgrade me for weeks. Grand now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'm barely getting dial-up speeds, and thats using Firefox. i opened a New Tab and it took 2 mintues to get yahoo homepage up. Something is seriously wrong.

Don't know if i'm 2meg or 1meg, i'm trying to get the brother-in-laws comp sorted. Can't even get IE connected to the web, only Firefox. Ran all the usual Anti-Spam, Anti-Spy and Antivirus stuff, no hope.

Look through the settings to see what speed you're synced at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Here we go again, back pinging 200-300 on CS:S. Is it really contention, or is there some kind of problem??
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

download speeds of max 40 k here on my 2mb line :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I'm barely getting dial-up speeds, and thats using Firefox. i opened a New Tab and it took 2 mintues to get yahoo homepage up. Something is seriously wrong.
    sounds more like spyware than network speeds if it's happening all the time like that.

what have you scanned your pc with so far?

vibe666 wrote:
    sounds more like spyware than network speeds if it's happening all the time like that.

what have you scanned your pc with so far?

Microsoft AntiSpyware
    SpyBot-Search and Destroy.

Has anyone experienced problems such as not being able to go online with IE, but able to go on with Firefox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

mine is not dial up slow but is only downloading at 60k\sec max. so much for a 2mb line :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

pig slow in Dublin 20 (feels like approx 60K line) - I'm on the 2meg package. Only noticing the slow up tonight though, haven't had any problems previously.

Seems they might be throttling ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Im the same. 2Mb line running at 56 speeds. 20kbs max and ping +200. In D14. Its been like this all day. V annoying.

Advertisement