Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sasha + Ableton Live (Recorded Live for BBC)

• 22-05-2005 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

The essential mix went out live last night with sasha who has pioneered the use of ableton live and computers in his set.

Using a software package called Ableton Live, Sasha will be remixing and re-editing tracks from his library on the hoof creating a two hour, improvised set.

Sasha has been at the leading edge of dance and DJ culture since his rise from Shelly's and The Hacienda back in the late 1980's.

Im not a fan of him but this might be interesting to a lot of people who have or are considering getting this excellent bit of software.

Sasha Essential Mix Live

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Listening to this now...seems very good although I'm sure there are plenty of cynics (see the reviews) who won't be impressed. Would be much better with a video feed.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've been curious as to how well-known DJs would take to software solutions including Traktor and Ableton. IMO this is the way forward for DJing - this kind of thing, with the possibilities of remixing a track with a couple of clicks, I find far more exciting than anything that can be done with a couple of decks.

Like CD decks, I'm sure there will be a good few stalwart traditionalists bemoaning the changes at first, but I'm sure they'll gain more popularity as people get over their hangups and try out superior technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Sico wrote:
    I've been curious as to how well-known DJs would take to software solutions including Traktor and Ableton. IMO this is the way forward for DJing - this kind of thing, with the possibilities of remixing a track with a couple of clicks, I find far more exciting than anything that can be done with a couple of decks.

Like CD decks, I'm sure there will be a good few stalwart traditionalists bemoaning the changes at first, but I'm sure they'll gain more popularity as people get over their hangups and try out superior technology.

They seem to be taking off big time at the moment. I had a good listen to that sasha mix and to be honest im impressed. The possibilites are endless with a software package like ableton live and the pros very much out weigh the cons in the computer vs vinyl battle.

Looks like its here to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

will this soon be appearing in Kev's Essential Mix Thread?

I farcking hope so! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

will this soon be appearing in Kev's Essential Mix Thread?

I farcking hope so! :)
    It's already out on the web so yes I'd say so. In the meantime listen to the stream, it's pretty sweet.

Myself, I'm coming round to the idea that it's the end product that counts - skill etc. are necessary and to be admired, but if a talented DJ can't rock the place at the same time he goes down in points. Best is a proven mix of all talents - from vinyl upto ableton.

Sasha has a new mix LP called Fundacionnyc out next month, see here. “Fundacionnyc captures what I can now do with Ableton in a live capacity, this is my mix album”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement