Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS Ireland Map CD - Converted to GPS Maps - Need Help

Options
  • 22-05-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

I need some advice , I have a lend of the OS CD Maps of Ireland (extremely rare to get as theres a huge license on them) and they have exceptional detail of the country . I also have the street by street break down in very high detail of most large towns and villages on another layer.

However my question is whether I can and if so how can I convert these maps for use on a GPS handheld and the software looks no way compatable and the sheer size of the maps is a problem

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Here's something that might do the trick, has a pocket PC version too. Takes a bit of calibrating though to get the GPS setup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

While you're at it you might aswell upload all the data to the
    OpenEir (Open Source Map of Ireland) project :D

Only joking of course!!

I've used OziExplorer, GPS Utility and MyGPS for all my GPS mapping needs. There are various restrictions on a few of the packages but I generally find that by combining them I can do most of what I need even if its a pain at times.

Advertisement