Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 year old thinking about taking up athletics

• 22-05-2005 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm an active 25 year old and have been playing badminton, team handball and soccer at various levels throughout my life.
    However, I've always loved the idea of joining an athlethic club and training on sprinting and long and triple jump.
    I want to give it a shot and not end up a few years from now keep thinking "what if I had joined".
    Would a club be willing to take me on?
    I havent played sport for a couple of months due to work pressures, but want to get back into doing something to keep fit and to improve on something.
    Anyone else taken up athletics around my age?
    Are clubs willing to take on newbies like myself?
    I live in South Dublin, so I'm thinking Dundrum might be handy - anyone else a member and could give me pointers?
    Do you have to pay to be a member? I've no idea how club structure works..

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

In myu opinion its never too late. Anyway at 25 you're hardly thinking about your pension yet!!! As well, you're probably reasonably fit from your involvement with other sports. So, my advice would be to go for it .. Follow your dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

Pop along to Irishtown stadium and have a run round on the track there. It's €5 per hour which aint bad....I've just decided to give it a go again at 33, so I expect to see you (more than slightly) ahead of me at the next graded meet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

thanks for the kind words - I'll definately be taking it up over the coming weeks and am really looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

If you're thinking about Dundrum you have to pay a small registration fee to cover insurance and the like, there is groups you would be able to train with, you could contact them Here

Advertisement