Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sipura firmware

• 22-05-2005 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭

I was just on the Sipura site and they had firmware upgrades for the 2100.

2.05(d) and 3.1.2(b).

I am currently using 2.05(c). What is the difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 series? If I was upgrading which should I do? My gut says 2.05d but I am curious as to why there is a 3.12 also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

It seems there is a difference between the Model 2.0 and the model 3.0.
    - the bug fixes and feature enhancements are different between the 2.x and 3.x fixes too.
    So I would say you should go for 2.0.5.d

I'd recommend that you backup your settings/configuration (I assume it's possible) before your upgrade - just in case you need to rollback for any reason.

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

causal wrote:
    It seems there is a difference between the Model 2.0 and the model 3.0.
    - the bug fixes and feature enhancements are different between the 2.x and 3.x fixes too.
    So I would say you should go for 2.0.5.d
    There aren't two different models. The release notes for 3.1.2(b) list changes since 2.0.5(d) so it looks like it's just the next version released. I'm going to install it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ac00785

capistrano wrote:
    There aren't two different models. The release notes for 3.1.2(b) list changes since 2.0.5(d) so it looks like it's just the next version released. I'm going to install it anyway.
    Getting the following error: Firmware upgrade failed; no response from SPA. Any ideas.
    Entered Sipura IP address 192.168.2.2

ac00785 wrote:
    Getting the following error: Firmware upgrade failed; no response from SPA. Any ideas.
    Entered Sipura IP address 192.168.2.2
    And is your ATA IP address actually 192.168.2.2? Can you ping it? Does http://192.168.2.2/admin/advanced bring up the Sipura configuration?

Mine upgraded fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Capistrano,

did you upgrade to 3.12? Does it still work?

Thanks

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    Capistrano,

did you upgrade to 3.12? Does it still work?
    Yep. I'm on 3.1.2(b) and it's all working great. No problems at all in the upgrade.

It seems to have a lot of Fax options. I wonder will I be able to use my fax machine now?

My sipura screen comes up when I clicked the link from Capistrano. My IP address is as per network connection icon right? Just used IP Config to confirm. Do you need to be directly connected to Sipura?

I am conntected to a switch and I upgraded mine. MAybe try direct connecting to do the upgrade.

Still getting msg; cannot connect to SPA???

Can you ping it? Did you upgrade to 2.05(d) first or are you going straight to 3.12?

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    Can you ping it? Did you upgrade to 2.05(d) first or are you going straight to 3.12?
    I can ping to it and I tried both versions but to no avail

Sorry for all the bother just got it working!! Turned off Norton Firewall!!! Thanks for the help anyway

Advertisement