Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for Vodafone Users!!

Options
  • 22-05-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

mobiles are all expensive these days!! so i thought i'd post these tips for all fellow vodafone users out there!!!

1. change to the "more to say" tariff theres a 30c min call charge but all calls to vodafone/landlines are 10c a min mon-fri all day and are only 3c a min at the weekend!
    2. purchase text add-ons €6.00 for 100 texts
    3. register 3 numbers as your friends for less and texts to them at all times are only 10c!!
    all this can be done from my vodafone on the website!!

Comments

The More to Say tariff is no use if you make a lot of short calls. Sometimes when I'm at work I have to keep calling the boss to tell him where I am. Sometimes the calls may only last a few seconds. In that case I'd be charged 30c for a very short call.

But if you make long calls then its certainly worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Karsini wrote:
    Sometimes when I'm at work I have to keep calling the boss to tell him where I am. Sometimes the calls may only last a few seconds. In that case I'd be charged 30c for a very short call.

Get you boss to pay for your bill so?

Get you boss to pay for your bill so?
    lol, if only! But you're dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

mobiles are all expensive these days!! so i thought i'd post these tips for all fellow vodafone users out there!!!

1. change to the "more to say" tariff theres a 30c min call charge but all calls to vodafone/landlines are 10c a min mon-fri all day and are only 3c a min at the weekend!
    2. purchase text add-ons €6.00 for 100 texts
    3. register 3 numbers as your friends for less and texts to them at all times are only 10c!!
    all this can be done from my vodafone on the website!!
    Why did you post the same thing twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yep as said before don't change to more to say unless you regurally make calls that last longer then 5 minutes otherwise it is useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Just to add to this thread. I think Vodafone may be phasing out or changing the More to Say tariff because in their latest magazine (in store) it's not listed with the other RTG call plans. In the Carphone Warehouse May 2005 guide the tariff is listed (pg. 24) but the 3c per minute weekend rate is gone (increased to 10c). I asked one of the staff if it was a mistake, he said "No, the networks increase their rates sometimes, don't change from that tariff if you're already on it."

I've been on More to Say for a few months now and the minimum charge does add up; but the weekend rate is SO great! :D It kicks in on Friday at 6pm. and it includes Public/Bank Holidays. It's really good for cheap international calls using a call card with a local access number. I ring the Dublin exchange on the card: call costs just 3c/min. plus whatever the call card charges (usually 2-4c/min,) so I can call international on my mobile for 5-7c per minute at weekends! The regular Vodafone price is €1.02 per minute to the UK, Europe & USA. :eek:

Another tip is to have a few international numbers written out so if I don't get the first person, I press the code for a "follow on call" and dial the next number, thus making full use of the 30c minimum charge and avoid having to redial many times and being charged 30c each time.

So if you think this call plan could be for you I suggest you change now, (while you can still get the low weekend rate), you can always change back later (one change of tariff is allowed every 30 days).

Advertisement