Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site redesign-Your opinion/help

Options
  • 22-05-2005 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Ok HERE is the new design.
    It went from THIS.

Now first I need your opinions.
    Is it ok?
    Too boxy/square?
    Not enough(any?!) graphics?

And my questions:

I want to center the whole box. The darkest grey(outside) is a table, which can be centered very easily. But the two boxes are iframes within layers. How do I center them? I would also rather make them all % instead of fixed size pixels, but if this is too hard, I won't bother.

Secondly;
    See the small whitespace around the house photo(left pane)? I would like to get rid of that if at all possible.

edit; I would also like to remove the "2d" effect on the border of the outside dark grey box if possible.(The border shows in Firefox but not in IE...strange)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The grey and black does not seem to suit the site's content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

K...will have a play around on that...anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The text went from slightly hard to read, to much harder to read. Terrible choice of colours.
    dawballz wrote:
    The border shows in Firefox but not in IE...strange
    Not really given IEs current CSS support...

Which text? the filler text? In IE or Firefox or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

the white text doesn't contrast well enough with the grey background.
    ie doesn't seem to recognise gray if you spell it with an a (or maybe it was e) which might be why the border doesn't appear in it.

http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/example/
    that shows a centred layer (i think vertically too) as well as lots of other v cool css tricks.

2d effect is because of border style no? border=3 px solid grey in css should fix it i think

the white space around the house might go away if you set the text-padding and margin properties of the layer it's in to zero.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that pwd.. will definately take a look there.

Just gave it a quick redesign, colour wise there..opinions please..

Advertisement