Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise

• 22-05-2005 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

I was reading though the forum and noticed this post and woz woundering if this works or is there any better option here is the post.

My Brother lives about 2 miles from Gort , No chance of Eircom/Esat of anyone else ever providing Broadband , But like him if you do the following you can have excellent browsing and download speeds

1. IF you dont have skydigital get it !

2. Get onto ebay.co.uk and get yourself a "Quad LNB" for Sky digital and "Skystar 2 " DVB card made by Techinsat

3. Goto to www.silvermead.co.uk and register for the 256k or 512k Satellite Broadband service and your in business.

It was a bit shaky 4-5 weeks ago but they have moved to the new transponder and all has been well since

Give it a go you wont be disappointed

oh and just a note i whould like to be able to upload and download.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

What exactly are you wanting, a better option of broadband or other alternative methods to do the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

well i am on dial-up at the moment and use the internet alot but have no option for broadband other than this because my current situation costs me anywhere from 200 to 600 euro a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

matdabomb wrote:
    200 to 600 euro a month.

Holy Crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

holy cr*p is right it is getting alittle out of hand

Advertisement