Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Should Man United Sell/Let Go?

• 22-05-2005 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I think its time to get rid of the following players,
    Darren Fletcher
    Quinton Fortune
    Gary Neville
    Phil Neville
    Luis Saha
    Probably some more as well but i cant think of them
    The reason i think they should go is because they are mediocer players :)
    Discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Darren Fletcher 20 years old, going to Scotlands best ever player
    Quinton Fortune Never once let the team down, best player vs Ac Milan in OT
    Gary Neville Undisputed right back at Man Utd for 10 YEARS!!!
    Phil Neville Decent squad player does a job when needed, wouldnt be missed
    Luis Saha Should be sold.

Thankfully your not the manager.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

KdjaC wrote:
    Thankfully your not the manager.

kdjac

Well the way i see it is Man United are meant to be a world class side and none of these players are world class, Gary Neville would be the best of this lot but still he makes a lot of little fu(k ups in games that go unseen because he's Gary Neville
    Darren Fletcher
    Quinton Fortune
    Gary Neville
    Phil Neville
    Luis Saha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Are you mad Gary Neville is one of the best defenders in Europe, although I agree on Fortune and Phil, I think we have yet to see the best of saha, and as for darren hes the future of Man United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I dont like Fletcher, but he should stay. Saha is yet to show his best, hopefully that'll come this season! There is nobody in football i dislike more than G.Neville, but alas, he is good at what he does and it'd be hard to replace him.
    Get rid of Carrol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I dont think Saha should leave just let. the "man of glass" has to be given a chance and i would be so P*ssed if he leaves and scored 20+ goals for the likes of Everton of Spurs.

The Fact that Phil wasnt even on the bench against Arsenal could spell the end for him. i think United should get 3-5 million for him.

didnt like Darren Fletcher at first but i think he can become a very good player.....not a roy keane but a good player.

Yes i would sell Quinton Fortune. not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Darren Fletcher
    Quinton Fortune
    Gary Neville
    Phil Neville
    Luis Saha
    Discuss

to let them all go would be a huge risk that is destined to backfire imo. over the past few years we've seen big name players come to OT who cant improve utd or add anything different, the likes of the phil neville and even fortune are key squad players that never let you down and will give 100%. gary is the regular right back, and when you look across the globe there isnt much better believe it or not.

saha hasnt got a chance tbh. it's always van nistelrooy and rooney that are 1st choice. theres no doubt he's a good player though, not a bad option on the bench. fletcher would be no loss imo but that won't happen while fergie is in charge.

add to the list roy carroll, whom despite being constantly named no.1 keeper after many mistakes has failed to sign a new contract. bellion, miller & kleberson should also be let go. not because i dont think their good enough, but because fergie rarely plays them and their being payed to do nothing.

for fletcher, bellion, kleberson, miller you could get maybe £5m, releasing carroll if he doesnt sign a new deal & use the 5m towards given /robinson/ frey etc etc.. you'd then have the bulk of glazier's 20m to add one or two 1st teamers which would be better than the 3/4 reserves i named.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I think Man UTD should sell/let go those fans who know nothing about football and talk about selling RVN because hes past it. eejits.

Darren Fletcher
    Quinton Fortune
    Gary Neville
    Phil Neville
    Luis Saha
    Discuss

I agree with all of these, except Saha. The Nevilles and Fortune are not needed any more, whereas Fletcher has never been needed. There's just something about him I don't like.

As far as Saha goes, he is important if Rooney or Van Nistlerooy get injured, as I believe that he is better than Smith up front. However, if Man Utd splash the cash during the summer, and buy Owen or someone similar, there is no need for him anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Willem D wrote:
    Are you mad Gary Neville is one of the best defenders in Europe, although I agree on Fortune and Phil, I think we have yet to see the best of saha, and as for darren hes the future of Man United.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

anyone who thinks gary neville isnt in the top 5 right backs in the world needs their head examined.

youd be hard pressed to not have him in a top 3 england right backs of all time.

put it this simple way lads, if Gary Neville wasnt a damn good right back, would he have played in more Champions League matches than anyone else ever? And would he have lasted 10 years in the Manchester United first team? Crap footballers dont play at the very highest level for 10 years and win more than 50 international caps.

ill give you everyone in that list except Fletcher and the two nevilles. Fletcher is going to be absolute dynamite, his engine is second to none, he reminds me of Roy Keane at that age. He got stuck in to Vieira on Saturday and didnt look outta place and his distribution is first class.

Phil Neville is a great utility man. Always does a job in midfield and bleeds Man United so I think it would be very harsh to let him go considering his service and the option he gives when an opposing midfield needs breaking up and stifling.

• Advertisement

I agree with all of these, except Saha. The Nevilles and Fortune are not needed any more, whereas Fletcher has never been needed. There's just something about him I don't like.

As far as Saha goes, he is important if Rooney or Van Nistlerooy get injured, as I believe that he is better than Smith up front. However, if Man Utd splash the cash during the summer, and buy Owen or someone similar, there is no need for him anymore.

Saha will never be able to compete for 1st place when united have rooney and RVN, in my opinion in teams like this should have players that can maybe get starts because they are good rather than get starts cos other players need rest/or because of injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well the way i see it is Man United are meant to be a world class side and none of these players are world class

well your right on one point , I find it funny when people say things like get rid of so and so without naming replacments . What United need is to off-load 3 or 4 squad players and replace them with 3 first teamers and 1 player who could challenge for first a first 11 place but when other players are at their best they wouldn't make the first 11 .

First thing to do is buy a goalie , if they go for a proven one it'll be pricey , if they go for an uproven one it'll be risky . Given will cost £15-16 million , Robinson I imagaine wouldn't go for less than £ 13-14 million , and Frey should be about £ 13 million but Parma are a selling club and sometimes you can get lower prices for their players . Of course United could go the proven and cheap root , but this means the keeper will most likely be old and need to be replaced in a few years , Van der Sar is one example of this . I just get the feeling they will go unproven and it will backfire .

Next thing is a CM , and this is the real task as its the replacemnt for Roy .
    Theres one real problem with this , world class CM's don't become the finnished article till later in their careers than other players , this leaves them with 3 choices , the young and not fully developed CM , the in their prime but very expensive CM , who probably only has 4-5 years of good service left , and the wrong side of thirty but still top class player , the problem being he'll have to be replaced soon . I beleive United should have gone for Maniche but he's gone to Moscow now , so I think they should try and prize Van Bommel away from what seems like Barca , people talk about Gattuso but I don't honestly see him leaving . Essien is another name but I really see too much hype and not enough delivery from him . I bleive United will go young , like they have in previous atempts at replacing Keane and yet again I don't think it will pay off .

Next is LW , and theres one simple solution , £20 million to Valencia and United get Vicente , I don't think United will do anything for this position and will stick with the unreliable player that only plays well when his contract is up for renewle that is Giggs .(of course they can always hope Richardson lives up to potential , although I don't see that as the best of tactics)

and Finally the player who would be more of a squad player , except a very good one unlike many United have . A versatile midfielder with more quality than Fortune or P.Neville , or Fletcher , actually if they were that good they would probably replace Scholes , make that four first teamers then , maybe the inconsistant Aimar to replace Scholes ? , or hold on , ive got it , I beleive Riquilme is still owned by Barca , maybe £10 million to buy him to replace Scholes .

If they buy proven quality they will spend about £60 million on new players , im not sure Malcolm would let them spend that much in one year . Of course with a good few sales of squad players and £20 million from two seasons like promised alongside the cash set aside for a new keeper , it could be done in two years , but by then : Keane will be gobe , Giggs will be gone , Neville will be getting on 31 I think, I expect Scholes to have gone , RVN will be 30 and several squad player will have either gotten on a bit or matured a bit .

On the analysis of this if United don't spend big cash now they could go into mediocrity for a long time , if they do spend then theres still the massive chance that all they'll do is remain the 3rd best team in England but we'll about the rest .

God that was long , i'll have to compile a little report on Arsenal next .

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

All I will say on this subject is, lets not be to hasty in talking about getting rid of players, We were all calling on the club to get rid of forlan this time last season. We did get rid of him, and what does he do, well he goes on to score 23 goals over in Spain, including a hatrick against Barca this weekend.

We could well have done with him yesterday in Cardiff.....

Leonard wrote:
    All I will say on this subject is, lets not be to hasty in talking about getting rid of players, We were all calling on the club to get rid of forlan this time last season. We did get rid of him, and what does he do, well he goes on to score 23 goals over in Spain, including a hatrick against Barca this weekend.

We could well have done with him yesterday in Cardiff.....

I thought forlan was a good player IMO a lot better than Saha, if you watch Saha playing he might be good on the ball etc but he's as lazy as fu(k he never runs down players, if he put in an effort he could be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Man UTD should sell/let go those fans who know nothing about football and talk about selling RVN because hes past it. eejits.

Here here!!

As for Big ears:
    I'd agree with you on the goalie situation, but I think Fergie sees Howards as a long term goalie and might buy someone like Van Der Saar for **** all to just get through to the time of Howards preeminance, although not Van Der saar

CM:
    I think Fletcher can do a job, but we still need another one in there to alternate with a
    Fletcher - New Guy - Keane/Scholes
    midfield.
    I doubt it would be someone with huge experience, although with Gerrard and AC milan perhaps perhaps perhaps Guttuso, although I don't expect.

LW:
    I dont think someone is needed.
    Our forward lien is gone be Rooney Van Nist Ronaldo.
    Thats it, we'd like some challegne and that'll come from Giggs, Eagles and Richardson, but it certainly isn't a priority under the new 4-3-3 system.

20 mill to spend this year?
    Spend it on a quality midfielder.
    Keepers have only let us down in the CL, so **** it for a year. I want the premiership again.
    20 mill on one CM is what I want, then get a goalie if ya can.
    Everywhere else I think we are perfectly fine for a PL challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We need a GK. Stop arsing around. NEED ONE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Why on earth would you let Fletcher go? The guy looks like he's improving in central midfield all the time and he's only 20. Roy Keane was 23 when he joined United IIRC, what was he like when he was 20!?

Every team needs experience so I'd keep G Neville and a squad player like Fortune always comes in handy so I'd keep him too. I'd like to see Saha get a full season without injury to see the best of him too.

@Leonard - Forlan has done very well for Villareal this season but was NEVER going to score like that for United. Maybe the Spanish league suits his type of play better or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Personally I would dump the following

Carroll ...well he is gone anways
    Howard
    Darren Fletcher
    Quinton Fortune
    O Shea (from a man u point of view)
    Scholes
    giggs
    Miller (Mr invisible the second)

I would buy another Heinze type player, he is lethal IMO. A world class keeper and a decent 2nd keeper that doesnt take fits. A couple of wingers and a holding midfielder. and other decent players to make up the numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

have to agree with the last post. oshea is really not up to it at all. would be surprised if he is with united next year. perhaps mick might add him to his legions of irish.

i think oshea has consistantly been the worst irish player in recent matches. he has little pace...gets caught out of position far to easily..and his passing, if it ever goes forward, more often than not finds the oposition.

as for the rest of united..a new gk is defo needed, hands of robbo!, and a new workhorse in the midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Howard
    Darren Fletcher
    Quinton Fortune
    Scholes
    giggs

I would buy another Heinze type player, he is lethal IMO. A world class keeper and a decent 2nd keeper that doesnt take fits. A couple of wingers and a holding midfielder. and other decent players to make up the numbers
    Ah sure why not sell the whole team and buy a new one this summer.

Some people need to stop playing so much Football Manager. United need a keeper, a midfielder, and most importantly, a bit of consistency. They were awesome until they brought RVN back into the side (what's the saying, don't break up a winning team?), then they dropped off. The way people go on about the problems with their squad, you'd swear they played their home matches at Anfield or St. James Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

Ah sure why not sell the whole team and buy a new one this summer.

Some people need to stop playing so much Football Manager. United need a keeper, a midfielder, and most importantly, a bit of consistency. They were awesome until they brought RVN back into the side (what's the saying, don't break up a winning team?), then they dropped off. The way people go on about the problems with their squad, you'd swear they played their home matches at Anfield or St. James Park.

I think you're right there. They need a goalkeeper, a central midfielder and perhaps a winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The one funny thing about boards is that for every question that's asked you're always guaranteed a hugely diverse bag of answers. The question could be - is today monday, and you'd still find people who can argue the correct answer....

The people who suggest that the likes of fletcher, o shea, scholes, giggs, saha really haven't a clue what they're talking about. Something needs to change at old trafford but a wholesale dumping of players is not the solution. You all know for a fact that if we get rid of these players (with the exception of the ageing scholes and giggs) they will shine at other clubs. The team as an engine just needs to be oiled up a bit - all the parts, excluding goalkeeper, are in good working order. They just need to work better as a unit with maybe a better mechanic in control.

People know my opinions about Fergie but I have no problem in giving him another shot and seeing what he does this summer. He says that he doesn't want to leave until he gets success back. Once again, I'm reminded of the gambler who won't leave the bookies til he gets all his money back - we know what usually happens there dont we. He needs a new keeper, this is a fact. Who do we bring in? Well he signed a young 17 year old from South America a few weeks back and surely he'll make a move for someone like Given - who I think has got a little too comfortable in Newcastle and wouldnt want to upset the geordies

Howard
    Darren Fletcher
    Quinton Fortune
    Scholes
    giggs

Oh and WTF do you think we do instead? Get rid of 8 players and do what? "EH SELL FORTUNE FOR EH 20 MILL AND BUY LIKE A WHOLE NEW MIDFIELD AND UH GET CASILLAS AND GATTUSO...THEY LOVE UTD"

Pick them off a tree instead? Would you ever get a clue? I am so bloody glad you are not manager.

Clowns!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Big Ears wrote:
    Given will cost £15-16 million , Robinson I imagaine wouldn't go for less than £ 13-14 million , and Frey should be about £ 13 million but Parma are a selling club and sometimes you can get lower prices for their players
    Very unrealistic valuations imo. Robinson would be the most valuable of that lot, being young, englands #1 and seemingly pretty happy at a team on the up (with solid foundations). I'd say a £12m bid would test Tottenham's will to keep him.

Parma are not in a position of strength financially and they are 1 point off relegation with 1 game in Serie A to go. I'm not sure if Frey is even Parma's definitive #1 keeper either, Bucci started both legs of the UEFA cup semi final leaving Frey on the bench. I'd say he'd cost £8m at a max.

Finally Given, maybe 2 years ago when Newcastle finished 3rd and the transfer market was a bit more bouyant he might have fetched around that. Now, he's a little bit older, his form has dipped a bit (understandably) and his club are a mess. If all was hunky-dorey I'm sure Newcastle could easily refuse bids of the non ridiculous nature, but now if Man Utd or Arsenal came in with a reasonable bid in the region of £8-10m it'd be more difficult. Given has hinted in the past that if Newcastle aren't going to win trophys he'll go elsewhere. He's not going to want to continue passing through his best years at an unstable, mid-table team run by the likes of Shepperd and Souness, when he's got better options elsewhere. Keeping an unhappy keeper is dangerous and Souness doesn't strike me as the type who will gently romance Given into staying if he decides he wants to move to win trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Apart from blatently needing a quality keeper,I dont think the squad is too bad.

If there was one first team player that I had to get rid of it would be Micheal Silvestre.He just makes too many mistakes too many times.I`d love to see a no nonsense out and out defender along Rio,in the same mould as Bruce or Stam.

I know Fletcher is seen as a natural successer to Keane by some on this thread but I always saw him as a midfield playmaker in the long run.His control does let him down sometimes at the moment as does his passing,but every so often he sees and hits a pass and you can see his true potential.

Very unrealistic valuations imo. Robinson would be the most valuable of that lot, being young, englands #1 and seemingly pretty happy at a team on the up (with solid foundations). I'd say a £12m bid would test Tottenham's will to keep him.

Parma are not in a position of strength financially and they are 1 point off relegation with 1 game in Serie A to go. I'm not sure if Frey is even Parma's definitive #1 keeper either, Bucci started both legs of the UEFA cup semi final leaving Frey on the bench. I'd say he'd cost £8m at a max.

Finally Given, maybe 2 years ago when Newcastle finished 3rd and the transfer market was a bit more bouyant he might have fetched around that. Now, he's a little bit older, his form has dipped a bit (understandably) and his club are a mess. If all was hunky-dorey I'm sure Newcastle could easily refuse bids of the non ridiculous nature, but now if Man Utd or Arsenal came in with a reasonable bid in the region of £8-10m it'd be more difficult. Given has hinted in the past that if Newcastle aren't going to win trophys he'll go elsewhere. He's not going to want to continue passing through his best years at an unstable, mid-table team run by the likes of Shepperd and Souness, when he's got better options elsewhere. Keeping an unhappy keeper is dangerous and Souness doesn't strike me as the type who will gently romance Given into staying if he decides he wants to move to win trophies.

Tottenham are in a great finnancial position and are vastly improving their squad and building for the future , why would they take away possibly the main foundation of that future , I don't think £12 million would be enough .

As I said this one could be negotiated , possibly as low as £ 7.5 million , but Parma if Parma stay up (which I beleive they will) , £ 9 million will probably be the lowest they'll settle for (so £ 9-13 million for him) . Parma play their reserves in the Uefa Cup , their poor form in the league has forced them to concentrate on that and this is why Frey would not have played .

Things may not be hunky-dorey at Newcastle but that doesn't take away from the fact their a rich club (they may not be Chelsea or Man United rich , but having such a big ground and fanbase means Newcastle have a lot of money) , if Newcastle sold Given for £ 8- 10 million (our best player by miles and the only player we can only really rely on) then Souness' and Shepard's lifes would be in danger . Honestly im not joking it would be dangerous for them to be in the city of Newcastle and both would be forced out of the club . Now because of the big price-tag the big teams won't touch him , and I beleive he would only leave Newcastle to join the big 3 and I couldn't see him moving side-ways (which is what a move to any side outside the top 3 would be , considering he is happy with life outside of football in Newcastle) .

Although if Souness is given a full season next season Newcastle will be relegated and then the situation with Given would change .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Given if he requests a transfer will go for about 8 mill I'd imagine.
    BTW outside these boards, on other Man Utd boards nobody rates Given as highly as we do

Spurs are on the up, Robinson knows this. I doubt he'd move without a lot of money, and not to Arsenal.

----

As for a bit of moxy in defense, I agree, and I'm happy to let you know that Fergie does to :)
    Man Utd are trying as hard as they can it seems to buy a young full back called Sergio Ramos, who can play on both sides, although he prefers the right.
    Why buy another full back?
    Neville is top quality and will be for two or three years.
    Heinze has been a revelation this season, and is partial to play at CB.
    Ramos takes over left back,
    Rio - Heinze in the middle with Slyvestre sold to fund the move for Ramos.
    I think thats gona happen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Get Maik Taylor in so...Remember the one man performance he put on against England a few months back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

PHB wrote:
    Given if he requests a transfer will go for about 8 mill I'd imagine.
    BTW outside these boards, on other Man Utd boards nobody rates Given as highly as we do
    He's highly rated on all the boards I read. :)

• Advertisement

98fm are reporting that United are preparing a big of £6m for Given. Souness is known to be looking at Paddy Kenny and he's certainly not looking at him as number 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

eirebhoy wrote:
    98fm are reporting that United are preparing a big of £6m for Given. Souness is known to be looking at Paddy Kenny and he's certainly not looking at him as number 2.

£6m-£8m would sound about right for Given (a keeper I really rate). You've got to laugh at some of the posts in this thread though - £15-16 million for Given and sell half the United squad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

http://www.unison.ie/breakingnews/index.php3?ca=94&si=73339
    Northern Ireland goalkeeper Roy Carroll is set to sign a new three-year contract with Manchester United.
    The 27-year-old had been expected to leave Old Trafford this summer after four seasons with United.

However, he is now set to sign a new three-year contract after receiving what his agent described as "certain assurances" from manager Alex Ferguson.

Carroll will be fighting for a first-team place with American Tim Howard, who has signed a deal to remain at Old Trafford until 2009.

all the man utd head are pure about the whole thing. I just dropped a load of players that i didnt think were up to the job. I forgot to include Saha which I think is the biggest flop in a while.

Personally I blame Fergie for bad management decision and lack of enthusium.. he used to have massive clear outs each season. But when a club is in decline its impossible to stop

I forgot to include Saha which I think is the biggest flop in a while.

And how often has he played this season???? :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

eirebhoy wrote:
    He's highly rated on all the boards I read. :)

He's a decent keeper but he's no Schmeichel. Carroll is going to sign a new contract so I'm not sure United will now sign a keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

According to Manutd.com they are linked to players such as Michael Owen, Cudicini and a possible move for David Beckham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:
    although with Gerrard and AC milan perhaps perhaps perhaps Guttuso, although I don't expect.

LW.

:D

quality!

eirebhoy wrote:

joke?

do you have a link to that? not saying you didnt hear it, but any other websites that are running the story? i would be amazed if that happened.

I dont even think paddy kenny is considered a great keeper in bthe championship. Theres no way he could handle the premiership. And would be lost at newcastle. I fear newcastle are going to do really well next year, and will seriously challenge for 4th place :(

Oh- and united should sell miller,bellion and phil neville, If there selling o'shea keep neville.

At least loan miller, its a waste having him in the reserves.

And how often has he played this season????

exactly

exactly

so players should be forced to play when injuried?

• Advertisement

jI fear newcastle are going to do really well next year, and will seriously challenge for 4th place :(

if souness is sacked within the first 5 league games we've a chance , if he stays all season we're going down .

when they are ALWAYS injured then maybe its time to look at other players.. i think its a lot to do with the players mentality

Big Ears wrote:
    if souness is sacked within the first 5 league games we've a chance , if he stays all season we're going down .

i think he will do very well with the team.

i think he will do very well with the team.

ROFL !!! :D , oh god im wondering wheather to post that in the humour forum .

Theres no if about it , we will go down if he stays .

andyman wrote:
    According to Manutd.com they are linked to players such as Michael Owen, Cudicini and a possible move for David Beckham.

Come on now, be accurate. According the manutd.com "what the papers say" section...not Manutd.com!

exactly

I personally think you know you are so mixed up but you are just trying to stick to your guns. Just let go... :eek:

I dont even think paddy kenny is considered a great keeper in bthe championship. Theres no way he could handle the premiership. And would be lost at newcastle.
    Ah c'mon, feast your eyes outside of the premiership every now and again. Paddy Kenny is very highly rated. It is no secret that O'Leary and Souness have had him watched. Peter Schmeichel can't stop talking about him. Have you even watched him? What makes you think he won't make the premiership? Paddy Kenny is one of the few keepers that wouldn't be lost anywhere. He's full of confidence.

Schmeichel:
    “Paddy Kenny? There’s a goalkeeper who I really want to see in the Premiership because I think he is technically a very good ’keeper. He is a wonderful shot stopper and very calm. I’ve seen a lot of him on Sheffield United’s cup run and I really like what I’ve seen.

“I don’t understand why no Premiership club has bought him. I’ve heard a few clubs are in for him like Aston Villa and Newcastle. I think Newcastle would be a bad move for him because he should be playing.

“He’s still young and can go on and prove himself in the Premiership. He’s probably behind Given in the international set-up but I would say it is very close between them. If he was in the Premiership, that gap would be tighter.”

eirebhoy wrote:
    Ah c'mon, feast your eyes outside of the premiership every now and again. Paddy Kenny is very highly rated. It is no secret that O'Leary and Souness have had him watched. Peter Schmeichel can't stop talking about him. Have you even watched him? What makes you think he won't make the premiership? Paddy Kenny is one of the few keepers that wouldn't be lost anywhere. He's full of confidence.

Schmeichel:
    “Paddy Kenny? There’s a goalkeeper who I really want to see in the Premiership because I think he is technically a very good ’keeper. He is a wonderful shot stopper and very calm. I’ve seen a lot of him on Sheffield United’s cup run and I really like what I’ve seen.

“I don’t understand why no Premiership club has bought him. I’ve heard a few clubs are in for him like Aston Villa and Newcastle. I think Newcastle would be a bad move for him because he should be playing.

“He’s still young and can go on and prove himself in the Premiership. He’s probably behind Given in the international set-up but I would say it is very close between them. If he was in the Premiership, that gap would be tighter.”

WOW! Impressive! Coming from the legend that is Schmeichel too...nice compliment!!!

Advertisement