Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help starting off??????????

Options
  • 22-05-2005 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

sorry but what is the best (esay) type of person to start of with in the game and whats better the haord or the allince

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Predje

the horde needs u!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

For the Horde!

Tbh if your going to Solo alot the best classes are probably Warrior, Shaman, Paladien or Rogue. If you want to be usefull in a group go for priest. Emm....healy goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

priest soloing after lvl 20 is apparently quite easy if u go heavy shadow spec.

Easiest class to solo... probably hunter or pally.
    Pally is one of the easiest classes to play. Its alliance only tho.

B-K-DzR wrote:

Pally's are n00bs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

" Pally's are n00bs tbh."

@77 J0uR B@$3 B370N0NG 2 UZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ive found mage to be the easiest solo class that ive played past 20

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

for soloing a hunter is the class to play. It's a class that requires you to master all your professions skills including fishing and Coooking as you need to feed your pet. I've also found Druid a very fun class to play. A great mix of Warrior/rogue/priest. Priests are probably sought after class in the game. all parties want a healer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

yup mage past 20 is piss easy.
    just spec in arcane and get instant arcance explosion and just kill 8 things at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I was never really one for the magic tbh, I'm selling my soul/buying WoW today. I may roll a magic char, I'm so excited. :D

I've also found Druid a very fun class to play. A great mix of Warrior/rogue/priest.

Druids are fun but not easy to play properly.

I think Pally's being noobs is the point im trying to make. For a new player they are a good class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I wouldn't point a beginner towards Paladins. They won't be a beginner for long and paladins are dull . Better off picking whatever class you think you like the sound of, none of them are that much harder to play anyway.

If you really want a class that's a good solo'er then
    Mage, Rogue, Hunter, Priest (above lvl 20) and Warlock (to a smaller degree) are the quick solo'ers

Paladin, Warriors and Druids solo more slowly than the above classes but every class in WoW can solo reasonably, some just solo better.

If you want a class that will be in more than average demand for groups then
    priest, mage and warrior. Also to a lesser extent druids, a lesser extent not because they're necessarily worse than priests but because most ppl seem to look for a priest and not a healer.

It doesn't make much difference between Alliance and Horde. I've got to 60 with both and I'd suggest you chose which you like the sound/look of.
    People on both sides say the other side is easy mode, that's basically un-true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

priests are a bitch to solo as a first toon, nobody wants a low level priest especially if they are shadow specced, this means you will spend a lot of time soloing, something that low level priests are not very good at. It was different when WoW came out first and everyone was a lowbie.

Druid is a good option but is hard to play well at first as druid fights tend to be long!

Rogue, Mage. Hunter or Shamen are a good first toon choice, as they can deal lots of damage and are quite resiliant regarding crap choices of talents.

Get skinning and mining as your first professions to get the money rolling, buy bags, good gear and weapons to get you through the early levels then use that toon to subsidise your later toons, the later toons will be the ones that you really want to play as you will now have a clue about WoW and how you would like to play! you can then retire the first toon , leave him at the AH with useful skills like enchanting and alchemy and use him as an agent for your other toons. Saving you lots of trips to Oggrimar - (Naturally you will be playing Hoarde)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 funny

night elf druid = hard mode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

but there are no night elf druids - they are all rogues!

i have a NE druid.... infact i got 2 =p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Eep. Hope its not too hard. Only started tonight and picked a NE druid. Great game. Cant wait to spend many late nights on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Not true really, unless you have a butt load of spirit gear you'll have to sit down pretty often..
    Mage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

DRakE wrote:
    Not true really, unless you have a butt load of spirit gear you'll have to sit down pretty often..
    Shadow priests are one of the best soloers. With spirit tap and taking spirit as your number one stat until lvl 60, you'll have very little down time.
    I didn't spend a fraction of the time sitting down a mage would have. Though obviously they do kill the mob faster in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I have a shadow priest aswell as my hunter but going more for int rather than spi, might make a change to spi at 40.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mage = Glass Cannon

Mages are great fun to play, you can solo and you are generally sought after for groups but people who say they are easy mode are wrong. Mage played badly = dead mage. Also in PvP expect to get some EXTRA SPECIAL love from the opposing side. Mage in PvP = Dead Mage usually as they are too effective in big fights to be allowed to live long.

Mages can only wear cloth which is like fighting skinheads in tissuepaper but on the plus side we get free water and food! After the Rogue I think a well played mage can just about escape anything and any fight. Ice shield slows our enemies as they claw at our backs and blink gets us out of range then, sweet. On the down side, you need to be fast to get away or it wont take long to kill you.

But I havent mentioned the best bit... our damage. Statistically we are up there with the best DPS in the game... in reality we can easily exceed it. Rogues are probably the best DPS outputters and a 60-lvl rogue vs a 60-lvl mage = dead mage most likely. On the other hand, 10 x 60-lvl rogues vs 10 x 60-lvl mage = 10 dead rogues and 10 mages blowing smoke off their fingers. In group situations we simply dominate the damage output. Blastwave for the win!

Mages are fun to play too, sheeping things never gets old :)
    Spec to fire and watch things burn or spec to Arcane/Ice and control the fight.

The only problem with them is that if you dont understand that distance = life then you are going to spend a lot of time in ghost form! But theres nothing like letting a mob run to you and instant casting 1000 points of damage to have them drop dead at your feet, I hate walking to loot :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I regularly beat the pants off mages in terms of damage dealing :-) , usually on par with the rogues.

One of my favourite past times as a rogue is killing the cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

One of my favourite past times as a mage is using rank 1 arcane explosion to uncover stupid rogues who think they can sneak up on afk clothies. Oh the laughs when they just stand there, shocked, and die within seconds.

Continuing this conversation would be like Dueling and owning a GM. She'd just ban me from the server.

I battle against corruption, my dear friend, you are safe within these walls.

/me does koneko from behind

weh weh weh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Rogues do it from behind.

And in all sences of the phrase.

/me does koneko from behind

weh weh weh

I'll let you away with that one because it's from Penny Arcade, but I have my dodgy eye on you (the left one).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

One of my favourite past times as a rogue is pressing 1 and 2 repeatadly with the odd 3 thrown in for good measure whilst wading through the massed bodies of alliance priests and warlocks shouting "PWNED nub roflrofl learn to play your class!!"
    You made a typo or two, working as intended now.

• Advertisement

Actually SS is on 2 and Evis is on 3. No 1's for me.

Advertisement