Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I run bittorrent with firewall turned on on rouer?

• 22-05-2005 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I know there is a lot of pin holeing but
    I have a zyxel 600 series router.
    If I have the router firewall on torrents never go green
    when off it works fine
    Can I put an exception in the firewall somewhere

Thanks
    Dec

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Have you looked on www.portforward.com

look here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thanks for the quick response
    I have a prestige 643 I think.
    GUI is very different on the guide,
    my firmware is dated 11/26/2003 can't find update anywhere

I will ring my isp tomorrow. then the quest will continue

Thanks again

Dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Ok Been doing more homework
    I have prestige 650h-e1 latest firmware now.
    still different GUI. I continue my hunt

Dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if its UPnP enabled, azureus dynamically forwards the ports for you while its running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Nocturnal

just set the zyxel as a bridge and forward the various ports fom your wireless router,if your not using a wireless router just forward whatever ports your using from the zyxel to the ip of your computer,using it as a bridge solves the problem if your using a wireless router cos it gets ride of nat which causes the problem..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Tried setting my Netopia wireless router as a bridge and it didn't work after forwarding all ports...:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Nocturnal

no u want to set ur modem up as a bridge,not ur wireless router and forward the ports from ur wireless router and set ur wireless router to do pppoe instead of dhcp in the main page,enter your user name and password in here too..

I have a wireless router (it's also a modem) plugged straight into my phone jack (w/ filter) no seperate modem here mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Modem:

Log into the prestige as far as i know its 192.168.1.1 and use admin and 1234 for loging in. The find NAT and it should be set a sua or something and there should also be a place that allows you set up port 6881 (default port for azureus) and put in the ip 192.168.1.33 for the ip.

Firewall (presuming ur using xp's built in firewall)

Let your firewall have an exception to azureus and to the port 6881.

This should work!!!!!!!!

I have a Netopia wireless router - I logged into that went to Advanced -> Config -> NAT and Set up custom services to port forward the ports to my IP and just set exception in my Sygate firewall!

• Advertisement
Advertisement