Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Big Brother Die!(The official 'I hate BB' thread)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Isnt there another Celeb BB in Jan of next year?

AFAIK the ultimate big brother is the last on channel 4! Alex Reid won the final celeb big brother!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

AFAIK the ultimate big brother is the last on channel 4!
    Thank heavens.
    Sooner this muck is gone to the obscurity of Channel 5, the better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ is that Hayden?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Biggins wrote: »
    Thank heavens.
    Sooner this muck is gone to the obscurity of Channel 5, the better.

How will it make it a difference to your life if it is on Channel 5 as opposed to Channel 4??

mdwexford wrote: »
    How will it make it a difference to your life if it is on Channel 5 as opposed to Channel 4??
    The kids when they have the controls, they won't be able to turn it on. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Arrgh,when BB starts C4 and E4 seem to just get rid of every other show that they usually show and just show this over and over even flicking through the channels at night it's just "Big Brother Live" on throughout the night!
    Who wants to watch people sleep!?

Alas just when you think its safe to turn on the TV again...
    AN Irish version of 'Big Brother' could be on the way to our screens for the first time -- on a proposed regional, commercial television station.

It is just one of the programmes mooted by Tralee entrepreneur Carla Horan, who is planning to form a new commercial TV station dedicated to Kerry.

The ambitious project would see the channel broadcasting 24 hours a day and include news and sports bulletins from across the county, along with Irish language content, a chat show, cookery, arts, gardening, fashion and holiday programmes -- and even a Kerry-based soap opera. Live gigs at the INEC in Killarney will also be targeted for coverage by the channel; while there have been early discussions about launching a Kerry Lotto, with live TV draws.

Ms Horan (37) said plans were only at the "inception stage", but she has already brought the concept before the Broadcast Authority of Ireland and is in the process of applying for a contract to provide free-to-air TV on a digital platform. It is hoped the new station will be broadcasting by 2013.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/new-regional-tv-station-plans-kerry-big-brother-2315219.html

Dear Ms Horan, take your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Biggins wrote: »
    Alas just when you think its safe to turn on the TV again...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/new-regional-tv-station-plans-kerry-big-brother-2315219.html

Dear Ms Horan, take your time.

Ah but a bunch of Kerry men in a house for a few weeks might be interesting.:pac:

storm2811 wrote: »
    Ah but a bunch of Kerry men in a house for a few weeks might be interesting. :pac:
    ...One way or another, it might be an eye opener!
    O' the horror, the horror...

FFS!...is that ^ Hayden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Is this it? Is this the day we've all been waiting for? Is this the last day ever?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Surely tomorrow, after it's all over is the glorious day?
    \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Wow I just noticed that the first post in this thread was from 2005!! The OP had to wait another five years for it to finish! All I'll say OP is that after so many years your day has finally come . . .

Is there a tears of joy emoticon?!!

Thank christ for that!

We now live in a Big Brotherless world (at least in the UK and Ireland). Hallelujah!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And just to dance on the grave of BB, I found this report about Ultimate Big Brother in Popbitch:
    Ultimate Big Brother hasn't really set the world alight. Nasty Nick's pushy PR wife put on her Facebook page on Sunday: "I know which Big Brother housemates are up for eviction on Wednesday - I won't do spoiler so message me if you want to know" - How many friends commented? 0.

Ach no! It's back :( At least it's only the celeb version and it's on Channel 5 so there's no chance I'd accidently switch to it as I don't get that channel.

Advertisement