Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options
  • 22-05-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the exact date we get our exam results? Also, is there any events organised by anyone from UCD for the night we get the results? I intend on consuming alot of alcohol whether I pass my exams or not!
    Just hook it to my veins!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Does anyone know the exact date we get our exam results? Also, is there any events organised by anyone from UCD for the night we get the results? I intend on consuming alot of alcohol whether I pass my exams or not!

The exam results dates vary from faculty to faculty but since I know you're Arts, I believe it's June 22nd. Now they could be out earlier online but it should be sometime around that date. I probably won't be in any mood celebrating my brilliant failiure though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The exam results dates vary from faculty to faculty but since I know you're Arts, I believe it's June 22nd. Now they could be out earlier online but it should be sometime around that date. I probably won't be in any mood celebrating my brilliant failiure though! :D

Is it that late in June? I'm thinking of dropping out and applying for somewhere through the CAO if I fail my exams. I've learned that this can be done before a deadline in July so I was hoping results would be in the early weeks in June. Fail or pass I'll be drinking quite a bit I imagine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They're up online anything up to 2 weeks before the date given in the list on the exams office site. I know I had a week and a half between finding out I failed spectacularly last summer and having to tell them when the results came in the post. And they're quicker in August, I got my results from my course coordinator a week after my last exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I think you might be a lil late for cao....or maybe the deadline is like may 31st..been a while, ch-ch-ch check it out..what you could do is just apply anyway, if you get ur results great, then decline cao, if not take cao and pay whatever the fees are for that course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

"Late" application deadline for the CAO was May 1st. (Feb 1st was the "normal" deadline).

http://www2.cao.ie/handbook.php?page=page3

Don't sweat it though, worst case scenario you have to find something interesting to do for a year.
    Well, okay - worst case scenario involves a burning car at the bottom of a cliff but at least then you'd not have to worry about CAO points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Don't drop out, UCD is soooo much better in second year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

the repeats are all passable, very passable, once you actually study. so even if your exam results are bad, you can never, NEVER, say never if you try hard.

i lot of people don't enjoy thier first year as much as they wanted to, or as much as they thought, but a positive outlook, and a rethink over the summer can allow you to comeback in in september and start to have a better time.

Funny, I loved first year but it was 2nd and 3rd year I hated...

Guess it's different for most people...but I've yet to come across someone who totally hated every year of their degree in UCD.

Did you say somewhere that you hating UCD was mostly to do with your course, and not the actual place though?

yeah rk dont you want to change subjects.

i reckon you want to make computer games for a living...(don't we all9)

• Advertisement

Ooh yes, that would rock...ahem, pwn. :)

And it's definitely my course that I didn't like. I actually really like UCD, I just hate maths physics. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

last years first arts results were online around the 10/11th of june.
    probably around the same time this year.

i got mine on my 21st birthday....thank christ i passed. :D

doubt i'll be so lucky this year

kasintahan wrote:
    "Late" application deadline for the CAO was May 1st. (Feb 1st was the "normal" deadline).

http://www2.cao.ie/handbook.php?page=page3

Don't sweat it though, worst case scenario you have to find something interesting to do for a year.
    Well, okay - worst case scenario involves a burning car at the bottom of a cliff but at least then you'd not have to worry about CAO points.

No, there's a special option for students who attained their current place from CAO (as I did last year) and the deadline for that is July 22nd and is termed the "Exceptional Closing Date". I got sent alot of stuff for free by CAO so I know what I'm talking about. ;) If you read page 4 of the CAO handbook you'll see what I mean. This exceptional application must be done in written form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

*checks*

Weird, never saw that before. Makes sense though.

*air brushes out image of flaming automobile*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Mine are apparently out on the 29th of June, they always come out at least a week beforehand though. I'm actually looking forward to getting them this year! (Todays exam went well :D )

YAY for b83

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Good on you blondie! Whose exam was it? I'm happily done, but now i've no internet at all, and a hefty 10 euro fine to pay for library books - so a trip to ET was in order today. I must have pissed some people off in the library with my satisfied "haha finished" smile on me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Twas Biomedical Engineering from an tOllamh DePaor, and since we knew exactly what questions were coming up, it gave everybody a warm feeling in their tummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

No, there's a special option for students who attained their current place from CAO (as I did last year) and the deadline for that is July 22nd and is termed the "Exceptional Closing Date". I got sent alot of stuff for free by CAO so I know what I'm talking about. ;) If you read page 4 of the CAO handbook you'll see what I mean. This exceptional application must be done in written form.

Cool :D I was preparing for a mad rushed research job for July 1st so thats fooking great. Dunno what I'm going to put down but anything else is better than F**KING :mad: Arts.

Zane, are you definitely dropping out then? Why the stress about the repeats so?

• Advertisement

Cool :D I was preparing for a mad rushed research job for July 1st so thats fooking great. Dunno what I'm going to put down but anything else is better than F**KING :mad: Arts.

Are you definitely going to leave if you fail? I have two choices if I find out I fail in June...

Option 1) Quit UCD and apply to somewhere else

Option 2) Do the repeats in August

The trouble with option 2 is if I fail in August I have to wait a whole year to apply to somewhere else!

And then you go be a working bum for the year, and have far more drinking money than the rest of us!

And then you go be a working bum for the year, and have far more drinking money than the rest of us!

I agree with the "drinking money" part but the "working" part is pure fantasy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Vainglory wrote:
    I've yet to come across someone who totally hated every year of their degree in UCD.
    Raises hand.

Raises hand.

Consider me stumped, then.

What were the main reasons, if that's not too personal a question? :(

MNG can't you do both? have something to fall back on if the other goes belly up.

like apply tru the cao again and redo ur repeats. if u pass, you have 2 options etc.

MNG can't you do both? have something to fall back on if the other goes belly up.

like apply tru the cao again and redo ur repeats. if u pass, you have 2 options etc.

I'm not sure. Page 4 of the CAO says:

"The Form must be stamped on Page 2 by the Admissions Office of the HEI where you are a student."

Would it be possible to get this stamp from UCD and still be regarded as a student at UCD? If so, then I could do the repeats and apply through CAO...

Interesting, I dunno This looks like a job for your ed officer. Email him.

Interesting, I dunno This looks like a job for your ed officer. Email him.

Yes, I might just do that. Perhaps you're right though and I might be able to do both. If I could do both it would be a great relief. Actually, if I passed in June it would be a great relief. :D

• Advertisement

May the force be with you.

Advertisement