Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars Live Action Tv Series

• 22-05-2005 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Can't wait, the depression after EpIII ended is lifted, with something more to look forward to!

Looks to be fairly far off, but they are due to start within a year or so. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Unlike most people (seemingly) I actually enjoyed YoungIndyChronicle so I reckon GL could pull off this TV particular spinoff . I reckon it won't be 'pure' Star Wars (ie lots of special effects, adventure and mythology) just as Young Indy's format didn't really resemble any Indy movie but it could be interesting none the less.

I imagine it'll probably be like a TV equivilant of Kevin Andersons 'Tales from Jabbas palace / bounty hunters / cantina' only with prequel trilogy characters taking centre stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The fact that it seems to be set exclusively between Sith and Hope gives me hope that it will feature the hunting down and extermination of the last remaining Jedi, perhaps not as a center plot but a background theme, as well as the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance and a little more info on Obi-Wans lodgings and happenes on Tatooine for all those years.

It still feels like there is too big a gap between Sith and Hope that needs bridging for all 6 movies to be brought together in believable chronological order :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Obviously Yoda, Vader, Luke, Leia and many other characters can be played by anyone, but what about Obi Wan... will they get McGregor back for a TV show?!

flogen wrote:
    Obviously Yoda, Vader, Luke, Leia and many other characters can be played by anyone, but what about Obi Wan... will they get McGregor back for a TV show?!

I think Lucas has already stated it will not focus on already estabhlised core characters....

....so I'm hoping for new ones, but that characters such as Vader, Obi-Wan, Luke, Wedge, R2, Han etc are mentioned and expanded upon at least in some detail in background stories and themes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

prob ill be a bit on young boba fett...which will be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Pigman II wrote:
    Unlike most people (seemingly) I actually enjoyed YoungIndyChronicle so I reckon GL could pull off this TV particular spinoff
    I liked Young Indiana Jones, but felt the only thing that let it down was too much of a focus on trying to be 'educational'. Oh, and the shots of the 'old indy'. I don't wanna think of that guy as a doddery old man, thank you very much.

If he goes for a straight action/sci-fi series, it could be quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It would be great if they got Wayne Pygram's Grand Moff Tarkin in again as main villian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, but in that article, THIS is far sweeter....
    100-episode run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, what is that? At least 4 seasons?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I heard rumblings that Kevin Smith was to be involved with this, but it could only be wishfull thinking from fanboys.

Advertisement