Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bus from town to rds.....

• 22-05-2005 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

hey, im a bit of a gob****e and havent sorted out how im gonna get to my exam 2mro-does ne1 know what bus from town to get or even what dort station to get off at so i can walk?any help would be v appreciated....

Which is the best way? 18 votes

Dart
    0% 0 votes
    Bus
    33% 6 votes
    Walk
    66% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

get the dart and get off at sandymount. it's 7 min walk follow the croud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

It's actually only about a 20 minute walk from town. If you walk up Nassau Street then along Clare Street and keep walking straight past Merrion Square etc you'll cross the Canal then if you keep walking straight you get there.

Sorry I can't be mroe help, I can't remember what number bus!

get the dart. walking to an exam centre doesnt bode well. too many potential wrong turns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 yoyoyo

jaysus that was quick-the sandymount option sounds good to me- thanks a thousand

we will only accept a million of your thanks. inflation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

the 5, and all the 7s go from the quays, via nassau street, out past the rds.

trinity hall-ies could get the 18 from rathmines, but it's not the most frequent of buses, they'd prob be faster walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

5 (rare), any number 7 except 7D, 45, 63, 84.

Alternatively 18 or 27X.

DART to Sandymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

The 7 bus is the handiest - you can get it on O'Connell St., outside Front Arch or at the Nassau St. entrance and it's only a short journey

If you've ever been to funderland, it's in the same place.

http://www.dublinbus.ie -> look for Merrion Road

Map_2837305.jpg
    Map_2837410.jpg
    Map_2837442.jpg

Find your own way there, if you go to http://www.dto.ie and wander into the Journey Planner section...

let's have a poll.

dart is the best.

bus
    dart
    walk

• Advertisement

let's have a poll.

dart is the best.

bus
    dart
    walk

CYCLE!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

7 and 45 is your best bet. The 10 and 11 go quite close to it aswell. Lansdowne road is closer than Sandymount I reckon.

no way! don't cycle. Everyone falls off their bike on the way to their exam and breaks they're writst. DART

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

let's have a poll.
    Done

Bus is best, handiest. Catch the 7 right outside front gate (well outside provosts house) with everyone else.. Get off with the other students when you see the rds (it's blatantly obvious)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Andrew 83 wrote:
    It's actually only about a 20 minute walk from town.
    Depending on where in the RDS, this says 48 minutes.

http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/content/route.do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Dart is good in the morning as you know exactly when the next train will be along, and esp good if you're travelling out from town against the rush hour. Sandymount would be my dart station of choice.

I've always had a back up plan as well, just in case my primary transport option fails.

There's usually those AA yellow signs up on lamposts indicating where it is, they've been mentioning it on their traffic reports for the past couple of weeks due to the UCD exams having been out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

It's Simmonscourt - if you do get the bus, it stops once at the exhibition door of the RDS, and then further down at Bewleys, right beside the Simmonscourt entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Victor wrote:
    Depending on where in the RDS, this says 48 minutes.

http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/content/route.do

I must be a quick walker

Andrew 83 wrote:
    I must be a quick walker

Or a someone who is often late for exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

dregin wrote:
    7 and 45 is your best bet. The 10 and 11 go quite close to it aswell. Lansdowne road is closer than Sandymount I reckon.
    for the simmonscourt where our exams would be on the sandymount station is alot alot closer(being in a direct path to the entrance..)

• Advertisement

ah i knew my trusty sidekick Darth Bobo would back me up on this. Probably living beside pearse has affected his judgement somewhat.

ah i knew my trusty sidekick Darth Bobo would back me up on this. Probably living beside pearse has affected his judgement somewhat.
    lol its a sad day when i'm agree'n with kev ;)

And also the fastest way out there is as myth said , a bike..

not only can myth tell the difference between C2h5OH + 4H20 and C2H5OH and 5H2O he can out ride a train!

not only can myth tell the difference between C2h5OH + 4H20 and C2H5OH and 5H2O he can out ride a train!

You've to walk down to pearse station, then wait, then get on the train, then walk from the station to funderland. 20 mins I'd time that as.

It's a 10/15 minute cycle from Trinity...not that it matters, I'm centralised this year for exams.

lol with the ammount of stops the train makes, time waiting in station, and then time walking from station to the exam centre wouldn't be hard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

However you get there, look forward to the magpies flying around inside..provides a welcome distraction from whatever exam you happen to be failing at the time :rolleyes:

So glad I'm in UCD and my exams are all finiiiiiiiiiiished :p

bitch

Loving it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would advise getting the bus and if you're running late, as I was for my last exam, get yourself a taxi to the place. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

is it Simmonscourt as opposed to RDS? Is there a difference between the two?

is it Simmonscourt as opposed to RDS? Is there a difference between the two?
    its part of the RDS, but its not where you might think it is.... If your on the road there that goes outside the rds facing away from town you take a right at bewlies and then its on your left(should be lotsa students heading in there)

thanks! p.s. if you're out there this afternoon and mention the password 'boards.ie' to me (i'm invigilating) i might give you extra exam books!

lol, you means ones to take home for the entire family ? ;)
    na i'm all on campus this year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Darth Bobo wrote:
    i'm all on campus this year....

Me too. Although the RDS is between my house and TCD so it's in theory easier to get to. In theory because there is no direct bus to it so I'd have to walk about 15 minutes to get there from the bus.

John2 wrote:
    Me too. Although the RDS is between my house and TCD so it's in theory easier to get to. In theory because there is no direct bus to it so I'd have to walk about 15 minutes to get there from the bus.
    Well there's that and would u not be in college beforehand for some last minute cramming anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Darth Bobo wrote:
    Well there's that and would u not be in college beforehand for some last minute cramming anyway?

No, I find it really hard to study in college. It's not that much easier at home but it's a little better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

thanks! p.s. if you're out there this afternoon and mention the password 'boards.ie' to me (i'm invigilating) i might give you extra exam books!
    Ooh who are you? I slagged an invigilator who knocked my bottle of water over today.

I'm in desk 42 if anyone wantsa say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Depending on where in the RDS, this says 48 minutes
    it definitely does not take that long :eek: whoever said (edit: Andrew 83) 20mins is quite right. im qualified to answer this because i can nearly see the rds from my flat window! heck i walk that route nearly everyday. although i am also quite a quick walker, so you might want to add on 5-10mins to that.

dart would prob be best option, i mean if its a 9:30am exam you probably wouldnt want to be walking, well i know i wouldnt. also i dont really like buses, you end up waiting for like 20mins and then when it finally turns up its packed...and then youll get stuck in traffic!!

meh sure all options are grand really, whatever floats your boat :)

dart would prob be best option

meh sure all options are grand really

I'm not sure why but that sounds like a contradiction to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

oh it is i know :D
    i just meant theyre all ok options really but the dart might be the best.......im very indecisive at times :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i must have knocked over about 20 of those bottles today (afternoon) - that gown is terrible! you'd be walking down the aisle and then you'd hear all these clunking noises behind you; you look behind and see that you've created a trail of terrible destruction - bottles of water; pens; calculators; you name it, its now on the ground...

...p.s. remember not to have your mobile phone on you - we have to do spot checks and if you have your phone its a 20euro fine - i know there was an email sent out about it; but between this morning and afternoon in the RDS they confiscated 32 phones...

he can out ride a train!
    In an effort to avoid study i went off there n proved it...
    From me (18 westland row) to the traffic lights at the corner of bewley's is
    6mins 47 seconds and 57 hundreds, that includes 1min + spent at lights and also is faster than getting a taxi as i passed by a few(and this was light traffic)..

^^^ lol.

^^^ lol.
    yes, its true i will do more or less anything to avoid study :D

i must have knocked over about 20 of those bottles today (afternoon) - that gown is terrible!
    ....Gown?

lol you don't have those in ucd?

you know those yokes the oldskool teachers used to wear? well the invigilators walk around in them. why? i dunno

lol you don't have those in ucd?

you know those yokes the oldskool teachers used to wear? well the invigilators walk around in them. why? i dunno

What?! The inviligators wear gowns?! The only time I've seen gowns in UCD was at the start of the year for the opening ceremony thingy. Trinity's inviligators wear gowns? I'm astonished at that! :D

why?

why?

People walking around in gowns? When I was at the RDS the inviligators were smartly dressed and didn't look like Darth Vader. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

Ah but theyre brilliant! Theyre really great flamboyant ball gowns circa 1880 with a huge bustle pad and all!! (roundtower just wasnt used to his hence the knocking over of bottles)

• Advertisement
Advertisement