Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back The Openline on FM104!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Thanx for that, I put it up
    File Transfer: Completed

Your file has been successfully stored!

We've stored your file on our server. The file will be available for 7 days or a limited number of downloads.

Here is a link for your reference:

http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=28P4OA4YV2YRJ18GUI1JUAHTEL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nice one Karl. Will have to go looking for my tapes tomorrow.

Throw dem in de Dodder in a duvet or a sack, make sure you tie it nice and tightly so dey dont come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great stuff everyone, especially Donkey From Drogheda!!! :D:D
    Keep em coming!!! :)

I'll upload my tapes if someone tells me how to transfer music from tape to computer. Cheers in advance!!

EDIT : BTW Makavelli this message comes up when I try to download any of the songs off your site, any ideas what it means?? Ive adjusted the Security in my Internet Explorer and it still doesn't work. :confused::confused:

http://www.icra.org/ratingsv02.htmlhis page has been rated by a rating system that you do not have installed. For more information about these ratings, connect to http://www.icra.org/ratingsv02.html:
    nz - 0
    vz - 0
    lz - 0
    oz - 0
    ca - 1

Nero comes with a wave editor,so you can record mp3s, if you plug into the mic/line in socket at the back of the computer, you'll need suitable lead to go from yer headphones socket to your mic/line port though.

Spogpean wrote:
    EDIT : BTW Makavelli this message comes up when I try to download any of the songs off your site, any ideas what it means?? Ive adjusted the Security in my Internet Explorer and it still doesn't work. :confused::confused:

http://www.icra.org/ratingsv02.htmlhis page has been rated by a rating system that you do not have installed. For more information about these ratings, connect to http://www.icra.org/ratingsv02.html:
    nz - 0
    vz - 0
    lz - 0
    oz - 0
    ca - 1

Haven't a clue sorry.
    The site has probably just got crappy code or something in it. I don't remember much about it last time I did anything to it was about 5 years ago. i was able to download the songs using firefox without any problems.

Just tried it in IE and it worked for me. It might be a geocities thing. Are you right clicking and selecting save target as or are you just clicking the links?

Do you have any Net Nanny type programs running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Larianne wrote:
    Here's another site, has lyrics to all the songs! YAY

http://kealy.tripod.com/overnighter.htm

Gonna have to go digging for those tapes!! :rolleyes:

I hate when the past comes back to haunt you. I did not need to be reminded that I was such a geeky teenager! I've deleted that site but I've saved the lyrics which I'll post here as an attachment later. I'll also see if I can transfer all the songs from MD to mp3 next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Foolitz

Jim-Jim from FM104 was the voices of Tony The Monkeychild, Barnaby Harmlessly and Benny Medina.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

John2 wrote:
    I hate when the past comes back to haunt you. I did not need to be reminded that I was such a geeky teenager! I've deleted that site but I've saved the lyrics which I'll post here as an attachment later. I'll also see if I can transfer all the songs from MD to mp3 next week.

But you're keeping the Openline memory alive!!! :D

....everyone's a geeky teenager!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It just gave me a bit of a shock. The Openline memory will live on though, don't worry.

Aye it's all a bit embarrassing.
    Just deleted all the content on my site bar the songs page. Also cleaned up all the html so it should actually be viewable now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I think we should get a petition going to bring it back! If it came back, in a new format, we'd have new characters, an outlet for potential comedians / radio broadcasters, and something decent to listen to after all the usual late night chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you could just re-start it by ringing into that "get it off your chest" slot with some wacky name and get some plot line going... the same way jim got the openline going (effectively)

anyone got tapes of the actual show? i recall the funniest one being about tv chat shows, which got ruined by that chick (forget her name... she always confused larger & langer) who "left"... ah, memories

Lol yeh Jemima, it was the way she said it, luvely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

you could just re-start it by ringing into that "get it off your chest" slot with some wacky name and get some plot line going... the same way jim got the openline going (effectively)

anyone got tapes of the actual show? i recall the funniest one being about tv chat shows, which got ruined by that chick (forget her name... she always confused larger & langer) who "left"

Great Idea! The best way to try and get that to work is if we all try it on the same night.... I'm talking about a number of us ringing at the same time so at least a few will slip through the net. Kinda like Ireland's first ever Radio Flash Mob. So who's in??? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I would love for someone to upload some of the songs.
    And Tony is definately jim jim,Tony sounds like when jim jim does Ronan Keating.

Almost all the songs are available from the links on this thread.
    Just not very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

A source i know to be very reliable has assured me that Jim Jim was infact the voice of many of the characters on that show, Tony and Barnaby for one, if i remember. I co-ran a fansite with Jamcos, never had the nerve to ring up the show itself but listened for many a happy happy night, sites long gone now but the memories remain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Repli wrote:
    It's nothing really to do with this radio show though

It was at one time. Then I got banned for some reason. Now I know not what it's for :x

It's pretty much idle.
    I didn't think anyone got banned from it, maybe the access list just got messed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

If someone could get in touch with jim jim,they could get him to put some of
    the tapes online.....thats if he has any,he always puts stuff on the fm104 website.

Back then, FM104 was broadcast at night on TV, a lot of people have the Openline taped on videotapes. It was very touch and go though. Some nights were really funny if the good regulars were on - but most nights it was awful. The good nights were unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

just to resurrect a 2 year old thread, i loved the openline, listening to my tapes of it today and googled it and look what i found my fav site with openline links all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shimmy/olive

not much hope of anybody still having copies of openline nites i guess.. but if u have PLEASE get in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Where did Greg Merriman go???

Found an old tape with someone sing "give me back my ballons" Think its Mary Shoclates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭MarkN

Greg went off to work in computers but still DJs in clubs (a very fine DJ actually - one of the old school lads).

I doubt there's any tapes lying around 104 anymore anyway.

Larianne wrote: »
    Where did Greg Merriman go???

Found an old tape with someone sing "give me back my ballons" Think its Mary Shoclates.

Tony sang that iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

That's gas, I just had a thought there about Greg Merriman and decided to Google.

I actually do have a tape somewhere in my house, it was of the last show so it's about two hours long, quite funny indeed. I saw it around my room a while ago but am in Canada now so it could be a while before it ever resurfaces. I do know it exists though! I'll keep this thread in the back of my mind and when I go home I'll look it up.

10 years without irc, how did we all make it out the other side and turn into relatively functional members of society...

dellers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

This thread is destined to revive itself every single year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Except 2006. That was an opportunity missed.

Advertisement