Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back The Openline on FM104!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭budgemook

oh God i have to revive this. The memories! the show was great but then we were all on the irc channel every night. I see names here that bring back memories, davec, sc, dellers, jamcos, repli (twat as i recall :p), makaveli. Some of us nerds went off and did some online wrestling yoke after, oh god the embarassment. Who remembers all the craic from the chatroom? SCs picture, Your man niceguyeddie i think it was met levi i think but it turned out she was 3 years younger than she said. haha, like i said, the memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsTempermental

ah brilliant, really miss that show, used to be so tired goin into school because I'd stay up late. Think its were my insomnia started, "if someone skips you in the queue...follow them home and sh!t on their doorstep" wise wise words, wish I had the song I can't download it from the links on here :(

http://www.geocities.com/pegleg03/sounds.html should work. And it's piss on their doorstep :pac:

ah yea, been so long since I heard it! Can't get those links to work for me, not particularly computer efficient, its in ram form and it there are no programmes on my laptop that recognise it (or maybe I'm really stoopid!)

realplayer

• Advertisement

Cheers! Followed his advice for years...

no worries. someone on here said it was jim jim off colm and jim jim. tony that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Facebook FM104 openline.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Here is another hread I started in 2002 about the openline. Great show.

Links
    to some of the songs.

Does anyone have any recordings of the shows online? I'd love to hear some of them again.

ooooo halloween....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

just noticed Greg Merriman is back doin 9-12 on a current temp talk station:
    http://www.realradio.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Thread revived for 2010 :).

Just in time before new years, and with a clip to boot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HduuYkac0fk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Awww my site is dead. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Greg Merriman filling in for Jeremy Dixon on fm104 right now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Aphex wrote: »
    Greg Merriman filling in for Jeremy Dixon on fm104 right now!!!

Really?? :eek:

YAY.

Openline petition on the fm104 Facebook while we have him there anyone???

Greg Merriman will be doing the fm104 phoneshow on his own for the rest of this week apparently. Where are all you guys gone from the previous pages???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Yeah... but that means I have to listen to the FM104 phone show audience too.

"At the end of the day Adrian, I just think all back people are evil.... but I'm not racist or anything"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I have a few vague memories of this. Is this the one presented by Greg Morriman (I think)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Achilles wrote: »
    I have a few vague memories of this. Is this the one presented by Greg Morriman (I think)?

I remember it being blamed for poor leaving cert results one year

smokedeels wrote: »

"At the end of the day Adrian, I just think all back people are evil.... but I'm not racist or anything"

But Greg will take the píss outta them.

Merriman!

And it is he who sounds like Gerry Ryan.

• Advertisement

The fact that he is back working with fm104 is a great sign though imo.

Omg yes we need this show to come back.

I kinda remember that there was some evil bloke from Cork or something that used to keep calling people 'fooils'.

I vaugley remember an episode where this person took over the radio station and they went to red alert or something, does anybody else remember this?

My god I used to be so tired going to school in the mornings after listening to this show...

My god I used to be so tired going to school in the mornings after listening to this show...

Same as.

Look forward to hearing him tonight. :)

I remember it being blamed for poor leaving cert results one year
    Def affected mine anyways. Don't think I've slept before 1am since!
    I kinda remember that there was some evil bloke from Cork or something that used to keep calling people 'fooils'.

I vaugley remember an episode where this person took over the radio station and they went to red alert or something, does anybody else remember this?

Barnaby Harmlessly of course. There was a bit of an online community at the time too. Most of them probably on here

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

so is the plan to try and hijack get it off your chest or something?? its been ages since ive listened to AK, so dont really know what way his programme runs to be honest.

only caught the end of the era, but it was absolutely fantastic, would have been around the turn of the century, and the one thing i remember vividly is May Schocolates, preaching that " a problem shared is a problem dubblet".........hysterical.........

have to say, throw them in the dodder was absolute quality aswell.......i could easily blame the crap JC i did on them, not sure if it lasted to the leaving so now excuse there, does anybody know exactly when it went off air??

its a must to keep this thread alive!!

jossnjuice wrote: »
    so is the plan to try and hijack get it off your chest or something?? its been ages since ive listened to AK, so dont really know what way his programme runs to be honest.

only caught the end of the era, but it was absolutely fantastic, would have been around the turn of the century, and the one thing i remember vividly is May Schocolates, preaching that " a problem shared is a problem dubblet".........hysterical.........

have to say, throw them in the dodder was absolute quality aswell.......i could easily blame the crap JC i did on them, not sure if it lasted to the leaving so now excuse there, does anybody know exactly when it went off air??

its a must to keep this thread alive!!
    It was Mary!

Would have went around 2000 some time. Can't remember exactly. Greg came into the chat room and told us there before it was announced on the show. That was some stupid chat room.

Omg I just found something on YouTube that I actually remember listening to all of those years ago. Check these out:

[p][/p]

[p][/p]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Oh dear god blast from the past! Definitely contributing factor to lack of concentration in the mornings in my school, passing aroudn the old cassette players with the latest segement!!

Anyone remember the songs Mary sang... I remember one had a bit in it about throwing people into the Dodder in black Bag. Or a character called Tony?

We should petition to get this as downloadable podcasts??

• Advertisement

Oh dear god blast from the past! Definitely contributing factor to lack of concentration in the mornings in my school, passing aroudn the old cassette players with the latest segement!!

Anyone remember the songs Mary sang... I remember one had a bit in it about throwing people into the Dodder in black Bag. Or a character called Tony?

We should petition to get this as downloadable podcasts??

I remember everything. She did a cover of suck on my chocolate salty balls too. Tony (the monkey child) had a good few as did barnaby. The best of them all was barnaby's version of that Bahz Luhrmann song Sunscreen - Boozing.

Classic lines like don't worry, they'll blame it on Maurice from Supermacs, if someone skips you in the queue, follow them home, piss on their doorstep and let the air out of their wheelss and my favourite "You too (U2) will get old, and when they do they'll release another compilation of songs you already have".

EDIT: Check earlier in this thread, some of the songs are linked to. Not sure of the links work though

Advertisement