Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bath repair (worth it??)

• 23-05-2005 6:46am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

I was doing my tiling for the last few weeks. Just finished it there yesterday. Have to say i did and excellent job!! On ther tiling that is.
    Unfortunatly, I dropped a tile. It chipped the outter coating of the bath. Now there is a pin whole leak.
    What should I do? Try some sort or repair job and face a leak sometime ovwer the next year. Or just re[place the F*ckin bath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Fibreglass boat repair kit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Or car kit, get it in any motor factors but make sure it has the fibre mat included in the kit, then simply follow instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

I have a new bath from B&Q (fiberglass model - with side panel), yours for 50 quid plus collect from Drogheda if you like (they are a lot more expensive but since i have three spare ....)
    PM me if you (or anyone else) would like one..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Thinking about it, i think a repair would be much better. (if it works) There are a few companies in the golden pages that do repairs.
    Thanks for the offer of the bath, i'll keep it in mind shoyuld my repair goes belly up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

no worries.
    good luck with the repair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Try Permaglaze:

Philip McKinney
    Tel: 01 620 5151
    Mob: 086 2 456 456

He resurfaced my whole bath and did a great job, but he also repairs them

Redman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Did the same thing last week except I dropped the taps into the bath. Got a kit from B&Q in Tallagh for repairing baths. I didn't have a hole but it includes a substance to repair the fibre glass and an enamel paint. Seems to work okay , slight colour difference but not noticeable. Cannot remember the name but the guys in the shop should know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulineqwerty

Yes, I got All Surface Repair to do mine. Well worth it 250e for the bath. they also fixed a hole in another rental property of mine. its the same number 0862456456.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulineqwerty

have a look at their website www.allsurfacerepair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭andylennon11

Does anyone know of a bath repair service in ballinasloe? Its a cast iron bath that needs resurfacing, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement