Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver plus settings

• 23-05-2005 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was just looking for a little bit of info, does anyone know the DSL settings approiate for clicksilver. I have ordered it, but am told my modem wont be with me until 2nd of June, but th eline will be ready to go before then.

I have a modem already that i will be using , but i just need the vpi/vci settings, encapulation etc?

I am assuming they are not the same as eircoms 8/35 settings or are they??

P.s. do utv use a static username and password like eircom (i.e. eircom, broadband1), if so, can anyone tell me what it is?

Cheers!

Pete

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

gizzymo wrote:
    Hi All,

I was just looking for a little bit of info, does anyone know the DSL settings approiate for clicksilver. I have ordered it, but am told my modem wont be with me until 2nd of June, but th eline will be ready to go before then.

I have a modem already that i will be using , but i just need the vpi/vci settings, encapulation etc?

I am assuming they are not the same as eircoms 8/35 settings or are they??

P.s. do utv use a static username and password like eircom (i.e. eircom, broadband1), if so, can anyone tell me what it is?

Cheers!

Pete

PPOE 8/35 and LLC and each user has an individual name and password which are assigned by utv. June 2nd seems a long wait for the modem. Make sure they do not charge you from the date the line is ready if the modem is going to be delayed that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

thanks for the info, appreciated.

pete

Advertisement