Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All My Posts

Options
  • 23-05-2005 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I use this feature allot to see if any of the posts I have been involved in have got a new reply. Is there any way that instead of showing each individual reply you have made to a thread, that it will just show the thread and if it has been replied to or not? This way you get to see much more threads on the one page of All My Posts. Or is there another way you can see this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Does'nt your subscribed threads do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Go to the Search page and search all posts from "cormie".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Search for all posts by user cormie, within the last day/week/month/whatever, you can see all the threads you contribued to and it shows whether there have been any new posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah yeah, cool.

I just changed:

Search for keyword
    keyword[ ]
    Search Titles Only

Search by username
    cormie
    Find Posts By User

That gave me exactly what I wanted and now I can just bookmark the link it gave me:)

Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

• Advertisement

What's the story with subscribed threads anyway?

It's cool anyway because I have bookmarked the above search outcome so when I click the bookmark in my favorites, it shows the latest threads I've spoken in, the latest poster and I can view this wheter I am logged in or not. Very handy so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

cormie wrote:
    What's the story with subscribed threads anyway?

You can hit Thread tools and subscribe to a thread. It will then show up in your USERCP when it has an update. You also have the option to email you when the thread has been updated.

Its extremly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What have you got the link pointing too? I don't think "searchid=xx" updates correctly (could be wrong ??)

Yeah, I don't know what the story is with it now..
    my last post was in after hours but it still shows this thread as my last thread I've posted in. The after hours thread doesn't appear at all:( damn. Even when I go to do a new search with the same criteria, it doesn't show the after hours thread. What's up with that? Is it to do with the search function not updating quickly enough or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

cormie wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know what the story is with it now..
    my last post was in after hours but it still shows this thread as my last thread I've posted in. The after hours thread doesn't appear at all:( damn. Even when I go to do a new search with the same criteria, it doesn't show the after hours thread. What's up with that? Is it to do with the search function not updating quickly enough or what?
    I think what you've done is link to the results of your search, the search itself is not being carried out again. Just use User CP and subscribed threads (you're automatically subscribed to any thread you post on)

seamus wrote:

That's it!!
    Thanks allot, it's all showing up fine now:) Replaced the old one in my favorites with that.

I think this is allot handier than the subscribed threads as you can view if your logged out and everything, thanks for the tips though. How did you figure out that link by the way Seamus? Be handy to know for the future:)

This has allot of advantages actually:

View your posts even if logged out
    Shows links to each page, e.g. 1,2,3,4
    I think it highlights threads which a post has been edited in.
    Shows last poster

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?showposts=0&do=process&s=&searchuser=cormie

replace cormie with your name and your sorted;) Thanks Seamus!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cormie wrote:
    How did you figure out that link by the way Seamus? Be handy to know for the future:)
    Just taking advantage of search.php being a well-written piece of code. :)

It will use variables whether they are POSTed to the page or GETed there.

Nice one. Good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Giblet wrote:
    There's a link in your profile....

No, that's different. It's the lack of features in that method that cormie was complaining about in the first place.

Advertisement