Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import duty?

Options
  • 23-05-2005 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello All,

I was looking at some game prices on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk and the shops here. There was quite a difference. I also know that there is a topic at the top of the games page that says duty may be charged on games.

It is my understanding that if it is bought over the Internet in the EU, no import duty is charged (VAT charged, but at source rate). However, what will happen if I order from Amazon.com in US - has anyone experience of what I might get charged? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    themfc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Amazon.com don't ship games outside the US. You would need to have a modded console if you want to play any of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 themfc

Thanks for the info. Does this apply to PC games as well? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

US PC games will work over here. But Amazon will not ship them.

But TBH there not much saving between Amazon.com and places like www.play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

As far as im aware you should be ok for up to us$100, anything over that and customs will charge you import duty. If your buying anything over the 100 you can try and get then to mark it down as under it so you can get it through. I had to do that with my psp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

avoid buying from the US www.gamestop.com, they charge DUTY on everything :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Its Not Gamestop Who Charge The Duty, Its Ups Or Fed Ex. Gamestop I Think Ship Through Ups, And Charge About €20+ Per Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

ghost26ie wrote:
    Its Not Gamestop Who Charge The Duty, Its Ups Or Fed Ex. Gamestop I Think Ship Through Ups, And Charge About €20+ Per Game.

omg of course gamespot does not charge duty, its ups, the problem is they charge DUTY and then a processing charge for processing the duty then VAT on that, crazy, avoid them

Advertisement