Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosco

Options
  • 23-05-2005 11:16am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is Bosco a Leagrnd of Boards...?I used to to love it (i think I still do).It was so Irish...

bosco1qu.jpg

Is Bosco a Leagrnd of Boards...? 119 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    82% 98 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    17% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

What an annoying little sh 1t - RTE repeated it for about 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

bosco is tremendous..remember the tounge twisters on it ha ha clasic..was bosco a boy or a girl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I used to love it when Bosco went into his/her house....

I just found a site that has Bosco Sightings and latest news....

Bosco Site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Yeah well I'm obviously the most hardcore and extreme fan here seeing as I saw Bosco live in concert THREE TIMES. Oh and I know a girl who was on Bosco once, she was behind the magic door. So ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I started a thread or three the same as this and I love Bosco!!!!! Search the Cuckoo Nest for Bosco and you'll find one by Bright Smile, We even have a plan for a giant pyjama party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

friends.gif

roffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

can we get clarfication if the producers of the show had genderised bosco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

can we get clarfication if the producers of the show had genderised bosco?

Yes. He was a little ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

ROFL at that Bosco site
    Red of hair and black of heart, he is always distinguishable by the trademark green and white striped pyjamas he wears, with red blusher applied to each cheek.
    :D
    Geranium wrote:
    Yeah well I'm obviously the most hardcore and extreme fan here seeing as I saw Bosco live in concert THREE TIMES. Oh and I know a girl who was on Bosco once, she was behind the magic door. So ha.
    I only saw Bosco in concert twice :( All I remember about it is a song about a lollypop tree.

I could be completely wrong about this, but does anyone else remember Bosco being kidnapped a good few years back? Maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part..

Anyway, I voted no. There's something seriously creepy about him now. I can see myself having nightmares about him in the future :eek:

• Advertisement

I think I remember something about bosco being kidnapped....anybody with info on this..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

Dub13 wrote:
    I think I remember something about bosco being kidnapped....anybody with info on this..?

Yeah. He was kidnapped about 7 years ago, before an evening performance (UCD, most likely).

Turned up in a box at Donnybrook Garda station two weeks later, with the note "I wan't to come home".

/T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

does anyone know how many episodes of bosco there were?

themole wrote:
    does anyone know how many episodes of bosco there were?

I would say 100s...

Anybody know if any of the co presenters went on to anything...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

one of the presenters (cant remember his name) was in Bull Island and also made a few apperences in Fair City.... wow that Bosco thing sure was a stepping stone to fame and riches!

Bosco Rocks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

evil little ****! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Hated the little fecker :mad: If it still exists the puppet should be burned.

dent wrote:
    Hated the little fecker :mad: If it still exists the puppet should be burned.

Blasphemy! You sir, shall be burned at the stake!

hear hear toiletduck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I heard one of the presenters became a junkie and another one was a cross dresser. Seriously.

And that magic f****ng door that only ever led to dublin f****ng zoo :mad:

And wasnt bosco originally meant to help us kids learn irish? úfásach was all the little toilet brush ever managed.

And then there was them board puzzles that a dyslexic mongoloid could have figured out quicker than marion (a babe, admittedly) and philip

to sum up:

Pats hat/chat/whatever else. legend
    Wanderly wagon. pure legend
    fortycoats. legend
    dilín ó damhas. proper hardcore
    Bosco. me hole.

Bambi wrote:
    And that magic f****ng door that only ever led to dublin f****ng zoo :mad:

:D:D I forgot all about that magic door....sure back in the 80s Dublin Zoo was all we had in this country.

exactly they were putting all we had to good use and wasn't it made in the 70's? less again back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I remember when bosco first started so that would have made me about 8-10 i think, so it was 80s.

jaysus...i just realised...im old :(

I used to love when they went into Boscos house...it did not happen often,which made it very exciting when they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Bosco was brilliant :D I only saw his live show once and it was so cool, especailly as I'd won the tickets and it was the first time I ever won anything. I agree, I loved it when he went down into his bedroom! I think I'll have to watch that show tonight on RTE, if I can listen to Gerry Ryan for that long without feeling sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Bosco is RTE's #1 kids' show of all time! And rightly so! The hours of entertainment that lil' guy provided... Or hours of torture, depending on whether you were a three year old kid or the unfortunate mother who the kid made sit through every episode every day :p

Actually, while we're on the subject, anyone up for petitioning RTE to show an episode one last time? I've heard they still have the footage.

They should definitely show it once more or release it on dvd!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

toiletduck wrote:
    They should definitely show it once more or release it on dvd!

I could just imagine the mass burning of these DVD's. It would unite people as they brought Bosco memorabilia to fuel the flames. Ever wonder what stunted Bosco's growth. I'd say major crack abuse.

• Advertisement

anyway.... yes petition, me likey lots!

Advertisement