Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to supply for a rental.

Options
  • 23-05-2005 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Not sure this is in the correct place, if not feel free to move.
    Hi,

Im in the process of getting an investment property ready for rental. Looking to see if i need to provide - Bed linen, Duvets, Pillows, and TV.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

No to all of those.
    Rented places usually have minimum furniture, beds, wardrobes, maybe a locker or something, couches, table etc. You don't need to provide kitchen utensils, bed linen, tv or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

For you own sake I would buy a proper fire extinguisher, make up an A4 sign to stick around it that it is only to be used on small fires and not to put themselves in danger etc.

Label and signpost the water shut off valves.

Another hint warn them, warn them and then warn them somemore that you do not allow any diy for example their owns shelves, hanging pictures etc. No matter how much you do this or have it in the agreement they will try it. Deposits are well and good but try to get a wall refinished and painted after picture frames etc is difficult to get right.

I'm full of hints today but another one is to remind them to ring you as soon as something is wrong and not to leave it a week or two. What happens is that a small issue like a blocked wash hand basin could develop into a blocked toilet and you don't want to go there.

I agree no TV, no linen, no utensils etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You put in the basics but the better landlords always put in the best things.

Beds
    Tables and Chairs
    Coffee table
    3 piece suite
    T.V. unit
    Microwave
    Washing machine
    Wardrobe with drawers (Saves getting a chest of drawers)
    1 Locker per bed
    Full set of Delph
    Full set of cutlery
    Bathroom mirror.

And thats about it. No need to get the best quality, all furniture is of a fairly good standard(except the Argos crap)

Don't get the cheapest mattress get the next one up in the long run it will save changing them when the tennant moves out.

Matress protectors are a must and thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

All thanks alot for the advise, just finished painting it and getting it back in shape.

Advertisement