Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Insurance question

Options
  • 23-05-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked:

I have been a named driver (no claims) since 1996 on my parents car.
    Does this count toward a no claims discount or does it only count as named driver experience?

Getting quotes around the E600 mark TPFT for a 1.4l Astra, am 26, full clean license, driving since 1996.

Should I be expecting better (cheaper) than this ... ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Some companies gived named driver NCB, it isn't as good as a full NCB, but it is better than a kick in the a**e.

That isn't a bad price at all.
    Last year (i was 26 also) I paid €1400 on a new 1.4 megane, fully comp. Like you I only had named driver insurance prior to this.
    But this year my premium has dropped to €660ish for fully comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

To be fair, 600 looks like a very reasonable quote for first time insurance, so it looks like something's been taken into account. Who's it with, by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

My parents have everything insured with FBD. I was a named driver on and off on their car for about 2 out of the last 5 years. I'm 25 now.
    Getting my own car now and have been quoted €1200-€1300 on a 1.6 petrol car, (most likely getting an 1.6 Octavia.) FBD lady said this was due to them giving me a 2 year no claims because of the named driver thing.

edit: Fully comp insurance btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yeah you got a good price there, what year is the astra?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Insurer: Broker -> Hibernian

Astra is only a '97 1.4L Saloon, a runabout for the next year of so getting it very cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Hmm knew there had to be a catch. The broker had assumed my address was in Galway (where my named driver experience was) and the quote shot up to €798 when the changed the address to Dublin.

Grrrreeeaaat.

Advertisement