Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trigger Numbers

• 23-05-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭

This has prob been asked about million times but sorry for asking again,
    If i wanted to check the status of the trigger number in my area , as in how many ppl have signed up hoping for the exchange to be upgraded where would I go?.
    Im only asking cause I recently moved out of Limerick city and had to give up me broadband connection and now im lossing my mind, the cold turkey is killing me . We have this Idea that at the next Local Community Concil meeting we ask for everyone to sign up and see if they will upgrade the exchange

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

I dont think these trigger numbers exist.
    At least not where joe public will be able to see them anyway.

I am in the same boat as yourself, but my local exchange has been upgreded (if you could call 8km away local) and i still cant get broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

pollyantic wrote:
    I dont think these trigger numbers exist.
    At least not where joe public will be able to see them anyway.

I am in the same boat as yourself, but my local exchange has been upgreded (if you could call 8km away local) and i still cant get broadband.
    The trigger numbers are often set rediculously high and rarely have I heard of an exchange that has been upgraded because of trigger levels.

As far as I know, the Government Broadband site allows you to check how many people have signed up in your area, however Eircom wouldnt pay any attention to this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Round where I live all the exchanges are now being upgraded despite no triggers being reached (where set)

Exchanges for which no trigger levels were set at all are being upgraded as part of that.

the whole trigger thing is a nasty eircom farce I'm sorry to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep same here (Rathdrum ,Co Wicklow) only had 44 out of about 300 or so but they still put BB in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

Go to http://dsltrigger.eircom.ie/ if thats any help but as everyone knows they just ignore it.

If your just outside Limerick city IBB(Irish Broadband) have gone live so you could try them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Joeface

No Im miles out side limerick ... I was told to try this midwestwan thingy but was lookin for an easier solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

MidwestWAN, if you go to Irishwan.org there is a more info there.

All tho it's not really for internet use but for file sharing and gaming. if you know some one on it they could share their Broadband internet with you and use the WAN as a Link

Advertisement