Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

other handsets with eircom/siemens 4012

Options
  • 23-05-2005 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

I have an eircon/siemens 4012 basestation and handset and I am just wondering can I purchase additional handset from other companies to work with the 4012 without the need to plug them into a rj11 phone socket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I think the majority of handsets and bases are GAP compatible so it shouldn't be a problem. I've certainly mixed a Siemens handset with a non-Siemens base unit. I know you're going the other way but it should be possible. I haven't looked, but I don't remember coming across a DECT handset being sold on its own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I'm pretty sure you can buy additional handsets on their own. Maybe not in the retail shops, but have a look at BTs online shop. There must be others as well.

EDIT: irish online shop selling additional handsets http://www.vikingdirect.ie

Cheers,
    JP

Advertisement