Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise - 4 people 3 bed house

Options
  • 23-05-2005 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

me and a few freinds have started renting a 3 bedroom house and another freind wants to move in. This will bring the numbers up to 4. The house is massive so there is loadsa room for this other person. Just wondering should we say it to the landlord or are there insurance/legal issues as it is a 3 bed.

PS the person doesnt mind paying extra its just we are worried that if we say it to the landlord he might just say no and then we have nothing to go on. But I don't know how long we would get away with it if we said nothing.

I have little or ne past experiences with landlord so don't know how this kinda stuff works
    any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't see any real problems assuming the landlord doesn't live there.

Who signed the lease? Does it limit how many people can live there?

You need to agree what happens if either #4 decides to leave or #1-3 decide to leave as to who is responsible for what.

If the total rent is €1,200 per month is everyone paying €300 or are two paying €400 and two €200 or is some balance struck in between.

The same with bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭dirtyharry1971

We will be splitting the cost evenly have to have a look at the lease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Even if the lease does say 3 ppl, still speak to the landlord u might be suprised. Offer a little extra to give him something into the deal and u could all be living happy ever after :)

Advertisement