Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

major problem!

Options
  • 23-05-2005 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

ok i filled my 512MB mmc card for my nokia 6230 with mp3 files so I wanted more so i decided to convert them to acc so i can have more room to put more songs but now i can only put 100 files on it which is 216 MB. It's the MMC card. i reformated it and everything. i tried transfering the files with a mmc reader and it won't let me. i tried the nokia pc suite and it don't work. what should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

anybody?

i was able to put 125 mb video file on it but i can't put acc files or mp3 files. I dunno what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

How did you format the card?
    I think on windowsXP it only formats in fat32 these days, but some device require the old fat16.
    or
    If by phone, the phone may not be able to format above 256Mb.

Similar things used to happen a lot with early cameras where if you had used the card for windows file transfers then the camera would have problems reading/writing the applications.

Anyway - do a google search for flash card repair utilities, or find some way to format the card with fat16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Format it to FAT on a Windows 98SE/ME machine, or try formatting it in a camera that supports MMCs.Its worth a try, i know a few people who have done this

Actually, Formatting it to FAT32 seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement