Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone packages for bussiness

Options
  • 23-05-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Just started my own start up need some advice on Landlines and Mobiles. Can anyone recommend some companies to me. Are Irish Broadband better then Eircom. Are O2 better then Vf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You won't get too far if you can't spell business! :D Only joking

Anyway personally I'd say Vodafone is better. But it depends on how much you intend on spending, are you gonna have a few mobiles on the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

RachG wrote:
    You won't get too far if you can't spell business! :D Only joking

never saw that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

Probably about 4 phones and 2 blackberry's. Has anyone got any experience dealing with either company. Does anyone know what business packages meteor offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Have you even tried their websites??

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/business.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I think I'd go either with O2 or Meteor...depends where you're likely to be calling most. Some of Meteor's plans include calls to UK landlines and mobiles in your monthly minutes package, which is a definite advantage over O2 and Vodafone who charge anything between €0.35 - €0.60 a minute for these calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Vodafone have wireless office though which offers unlimited free calls between company phones www.vodafone.ie/wirelessoffice

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Shacko, I started my own business a short time ago and like yourself, I am anxious to keep my telecom costs down (they can very easily creep up)

Our landlines are with Pure Telecom ( www.puretelecom.ie ). We use the landlines very heavily and have 4 lines. Our spend for last month was 61 euro for all lines. Also instead of 4 individual lines we upgraded to 2 ISDN lines. There was a free upgrade offer but ask Pure about it. they arranged it for me. As you can see I speak very highly of this company - the best I have dealt with so far. We are still paying line rental to Eircom seperately.

Mobiles - Our mobiles are now with Meteor. It was a very close call between Vodafone and Meteor, but felt Meteor was cheaper and provided better service to business. I have just started a "cooling off period" with them. If I'm not happy we move within 2 months. But call their business manager out to see you and NEGOTIATE. You might get deals of free car kits etc that could make the deal all the more tempting.

Broadband - We use Irish Broadband. I hear a lot of negatives about them but again I find them great.

One other thing, get a good accounts package - get it early to save time and hassle down the road.

The very best of luck to you with the business. There will be a lot of headaches on the way but it is enjoyable. It will take at least 5 years before you get the life you had back :>)

Advertisement