Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 23-05-2005 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just failed my driving test the other day, I think I'm a decent driver and think I will pass the second time, expected to pass the other day but think a few nerves got the better of me and started making stupid mistakes that I didn't usually do in my lessons.

Just wondering how many times people here took to pass their test? Also what's the waiting time if your applying to do your second test? I heard you don't have to wait the full 9 months or whatever the waiting time is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I failed mine the first time. Due to nerves as well. I'm the personfication of irony in that normally I'm a cool level headed person, but when I'm in a situation where I'm being assessed for nerves, I become uncontrollably nervous. Failed loads of interviews as well as a result of it.

Hopefully when I go to do my second test, I'll have some alone-time hours clocked up in a car so I'll feel more confident. Like a good little first-provisional driver I did all my hours with someone in the car with me, so that added to the panic when I had noone "hand-holding" me for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I got mine first time.
    Like, stark, I get nervous when I am being assesed (at least in part) for nerves.
    But, luckily, my tester was a real easy going nice guy. He was completely cool, and that really helped. From what i hear, alot of other testers could learn from this guy, because if you had the rules of the road figured, were a good observant driver, then nerves on the day didn't come into play. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 J.Daniels

Next time, send in 3 application forms within around 1 week of each other and you'll have 3 chances to pass within around 1 week of each other, rather that the long delay. Everybodys at it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

J.Daniels wrote:
    Next time, send in 3 application forms within around 1 week of each other and you'll have 3 chances to pass within around 1 week of each other, rather that the long delay. Everybodys at it :D
    Won't you get charged 3 times then? Or if you pass the first one can you cancel the other two with a refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

Just saw this on the drivingtest website:
    If you give at least 10 days notice and you have not previously cancelled more than one appointment on foot of this application your test fee will not be forfeited.

does that mean that you can get a refund (i doubt it but dunno) or does it just mean they'll give you another time to test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

First time I heard of that trick.

You can cancel up to a few days before the test with full refund. You can only cancel about 2 or 3 times with full refund though. So you could only do that trick once.
    But, luckily, my tester was a real easy going nice guy. He was completely cool, and that really helped.

My guy was the complete opposite, he totally psyched me out the whole way through. I can still remember that horrible look he had in his eyes when questioning me during the theory round. I thought he was going to lynch me after I got a perfect score!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

the jew wrote:
    Won't you get charged 3 times then? Or if you pass the first one can you cancel the other two with a refund?

no way to get a refund... but the saving on the insurance makes it worth your while...

Advertisement