Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Ring Crash

Options
  • 23-05-2005 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get caught up in the crash this morning on the south ring? A truck going east went through the central median at the slip road exit for Passage West etc. Either the truck driver wa'nt paying attention or some twonk pulled a stupid move coming off the slip road.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

They were still cleaning it up at about 1pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I took those pics at about 11.50.

I'd say the traffic that was following on must have backed up along way as the gardai had to mix traffic with the slip.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

i wondered what happened that barrier. passed it about 4 on my way to work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I was passing around 10.45 and they were covering over a body in the central median. I don't know, but I would assume it was the driver: the truck was lying on its side, and there was a lot of shocked bystanders standing by.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Saw the median unbarried too on the way this evening and was wondering what happened.

Also at around 3.30 2 ambulances, 3 fire egines and an incident unit went tearing into Mahon - anyone know what went on ?

i'm in mahon at work right now. i'll have an ask and see what went down. didn't get here till half 4

Ok I mean Mahon as in Mahon area and not Mahon Point (just to clarify)

so do i. i'm working right in the middle of it on ave. de rennes. i'll ask my delivery driver when he gets back. he lives here so should knwo

well the lads here know nothing

edit: turnbs out it was a car crash. not too serious apparantly but the car was on it's roof.

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd bump this thread, its now 8 months later and the crash barrier is still not replaced. So if the same thing happened again that truck would be straight across the meridian and into oncoming traffic.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

lovely :/

Come on now, did you honestly expect any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ah shure, aren't we all immortal leprechauns!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

they're fitting those wire barriers along the N25 from Glounthaune down towards Midleton at the moment. Maybe when they're finished they'll head through the tunnel?

Those things don't fill me with much confidence.

Mike.

I don't know anything about these wire barriers but if they’re something like the stuff described to me by a friend they're a death trap for bikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

JohnK wrote:
    they're a death trap for bikers.

yeah, that's them.

I've a hard time imagining them stopping a big lorry or even a car at high speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

JohnK wrote:
    Ithey're a death trap for bikers.
    they sure are!
    I once got knocked off my bike on the M4 motorway near London. I hit the central barrier with my shoulder. Dislocated and hairline fracture. Dread to think what would have happened if I had hit a wire rope!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Those wire barriers honestly freak me out for some reason.

• Advertisement

The wire barriers on the 2+1 road near Rathduff are a pain at night when you're overtaking - the flashing of the headlights from the other side is extremly distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

dudara wrote:
    Those wire barriers honestly freak me out for some reason.
    They absolutley terrify me because i saw a show with what happens a car if you hit them wrong* lets just say i would prefer a crash barrier!
    And isnt all that road a pilot project-hate when your driving behind someone doin 50 and when it becomes two lanes they speed up to 60:confused:
    Idiots:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

that wire would cut ya in half if you hit it off a bike i reckon. annoying how they're putting it everywhere

Advertisement