Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astrophotography

Options
  • 23-05-2005 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

i'm a girl who's more familiar with paparazzi shots of stars than astronomy.

but lately ive been really fascinated by the idea of photographing stars and its something i've been researching lately. I would like to take up this up seriously but have no idea what kind of equipment I need.

could someone point me in the right direction? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Ava

or where I'd get the equipment. I don't want to walk into a camera shop and be ripped off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Hi Ava and welcome to the forum, I suggest you start by looking through the the user recomended links on this thread as some of them contain the info you requested. Can you also help us by telling us what if any equipment you are currently using and your level of experience. Some of our regulars like Albertw have a good deal of experience in this area and have previously posted some of their work which might be of interest to you.

And just to give you a friendly piece of advice, if you make a post and then decide you have something further to add; it is better if you edit your original post and add the information rather than make another post directly after it.
    This prevents the information becomming fragmented and makes for easier reading. You retain the ability to edit your posts for three days after making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I have a fairly modest telescope and a standard digital camera as well as a small camcorder. With them I took the following photos over the past year or so. Some are stills, and some are frames from movie footage I shot with the camcorder.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~flukey/AstronomyPage.htm

My advice would be to start with photographing the moon and move on from there. There are plenty of resources on the net and in bookshops on this whole subject.

Advertisement